VIC NO Frills Fridays Night is back at the Youies. Starts June 12th

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Info below .

If you have never been in a race before then this is the series to get you going. Our No Frills Friday nights Summer and Winter Series have been running for over 8 years and many Mt Bike racers started here. It is fun, welcoming and social. Young People , elites , Mums, Dads, over 50 year olds, teenagers, fast riders, slow riders, tall people, small people all race for Chocolate and have fun.
Due to Winter night riding you will need lights , the club dose have a few set to loan out but you will need to book them.

Racing for chocolate in the Kurrajong in the dark. Fun, club racing with a friendly vibe and different courses/formats every week. Suitable for beginner MTB racers. Rego open at 6pm, racing at 7pm, lights are mandatory - but we have some club sets for members to use - contact us for info.

$10 for GMBC members, $15 for other MTBA licenced riders, $30 for non-MTBA riders (includes day licence), $5 for MTBA juniors, $10 for non-MTBA juniors. Juniors need to be 13yrs or older. Don't forget to bring proof of your MTBA membership and cash for your entry (and maybe a dollar or two for the Trail Piggy).

Rego/Start at the Duck Ponds School, enter via Branch Rd Lara. Directions here

Event date:
Friday, June 12, 2015 - 19:00

http://gmbc.com.au/event/winter-nff

https://www.facebook.com/events/1106067342753183/

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Excellent First Race

That was a good race.
A 3km bitumen prologue was a bit unusual but seeing mountain bikers in bunches and slipstreaming was a blast.
Then 15+ km of single track up to the Kurrajong and back 3 times, amazingly fast.
I was happy with my performance in that I didn't get lapped by A grade, but I think it was close.

Looking forward to next week.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
in full swing

NO FRILLS FRIDAYS is now in full swing.

We had a wonderful cold night of racing with a very good turn out for race one.

5 races left, everyone welcome, see you friday night for 6pm rego and 7pm race at the main entrance ,

A few words to get you motivated .
Fresh Cold Winter Air, Bikes , Lights, Sandy Corners, Racing, Friends, Chocolate. Forest, Half Moon , Night , Darkness. Adventure. Warm Clothes,

more info
GMBC.com.au

Last edited:

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Are there any plans to run a NFF on the stockyards side??
NFF in winter runs only from the Duckpond school because there is access to power for lights.

NFF in summer runs from the Kurrajong carpark before Christmas and over the Stockyards in the New Year

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Season is over

Another Winter No Frills Season is over.

Despite being set upon by some very cold and unpleasant weather it was an excellent series.

Amazing that over 50 people turned out each race.

Thanks Alan and Paul.

Can't wait until the summer series, it will be warmer.