No Kona Stabs

Ev81

Likes Bikes
Why are there no Kona Stabs for sale in the trading area?

Are they than good people hold on to em or does no-one buy them in the 1st place?:confused:

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe because people dont want to sell them.
Its not a question to ask if there is any in there and why there isnt.
Just wait or look harder.

Last edited:

Ev81

Likes Bikes
Sweet, well scrap the first part of my question then and answer the second part, are they any good?

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
i have one and i think its awesome. a lot of people dont like them but i rode a few different things before i bought mine and i think its the best out of what i tried.

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kona's are sometimes on the heavy side and with a very akward big linkage bar.
At the end of the day no-one is up there on them in the WC races

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
Kona's are sometimes on the heavy side and with a very akward big linkage bar.
At the end of the day no-one is up there on them in the WC races
VERY awkward linkage bar and that tends to make them look shocking too. If they are good or not is an opinion and the best way to decide is to ride one yourself;) Though if you don't have one, it makes it a bit hard to ride one....

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Considering they are used by most bike rental companies ie Thredbo they definitely have something going for them, whether that is being indestructible or something else, i'm not sure, but bikes are very much a personal thing, How you ride will determine very much if a bike suits you?

Spanners

Likes Bikes
i think they look and ride quite nice but they are just sooooooo crack prown its not funny.
We had two stabs for a couple of seasons and found them extremely reliable and a very easy bike to ride and certainly never had one crack!!! The bikes feel tends to give the rider confidence as the bike is quite balanced. we enjoyed our time with the bikes and i would own one again.

Ev81

Likes Bikes
cheers, I ride a stinky at the moment and looking at getting something a little more down hill specific. I've test rode a few at LBS's and they didn't feel all that different to my stinky other than being a little more plush. The stinky has never let me down so its hard to steer away from Kona (bomb proof):)

woody 14

Eats Squid
We had two stabs for a couple of seasons and found them extremely reliable and a very easy bike to ride and certainly never had one crack!!! The bikes feel tends to give the rider confidence as the bike is quite balanced. we enjoyed our time with the bikes and i would own one again.
wierd. i had a 06 stinky and it cracked on me at the right rear dropout. i also know about 5-6 people that have had or have stabs that have cracked. i guess it just depends.

nice looking bike though

Ev81

Likes Bikes
yeah the worst i've dont is cracked a rim and bent qr axels, i put that down to stupiditty not the bike:D i test rode a 09 stab against the 09 aline, the aline felt like a chopper??! weird

Barrett

Likes Dirt
yeah yeah everyone has there opinion, but at the end other the day, they go dh fast and thats all that matters