non-branded carbon frames

KonaAlec

Likes Dirt
hey
I was looking through ebay today
another slow saturday afternoon:rolleyes:
and came across this I am intrested in building this frame onto my avanti vivace, at 980g it could potentialy save half a kilo, from its current weight of... 10kg, oh sorry 98N :eek:
I am probaly gong to get into racing soon and realy want a lighter bike on a budget of about $1000 dollars.
My question is are frame like these good quality, like the same as branded frames without the badge or do they melt in the rain or mabey decinergrate within a week of use.
has anyone bought a similar frame, what was it like?
cheers,
alec

KonaAlec

Likes Dirt
ther is a 1 year warranty on the frame, its no lifetime warranty but it is only $600 for a frame set,
which is competive weight wize with something like a scott CR1.
So yeh it is kinda tempting:)

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ther is a 1 year warranty on the frame
Who through? I saw that they claim that, but if it involves jumping through hoops or the buyer disapearing altogether, the warranty isn't worth the electrons it's written with.
Funny you compare it to a Scott, they're incredibly light and are backed by comprehensive warranty - they offer a year on aesthetics (ie, delamination, clearcoat peel) alone :cool:

alexb618

Likes Dirt
who cares about warranty, you could have 3 frames fail and still be in front!

lots of good reviews onf the no name frames on roadbikereview.com (forums)

tu plang

knob
who cares about warranty, you could have 3 frames fail and still be in front!

lots of good reviews onf the no name frames on roadbikereview.com (forums)
Anyone who thinks having three frames fail leaves you in front has a bizarre perspective on bikes.

a.davis12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bahahahahahahahaha.

but i say no. just because its carbon doesnt mean its good. it probably will ride worse than your current frame and sap so much energy.

alexb618

Likes Dirt
there is absolutely nothing wrong with these frames as has been proven over and over again by the americans who are buying thousands of them