Non freeride DVDs.

0psi

Eats Squid
So I haven't watched a mountain bike flick for years, after a dozen or so vids full of guys hucking themselves it feels like groundhog day. But I recently came across a doco on the Cape epic in WA which was brilliant and inspired me to watch 'What goes on tour' about team Rockstar at a 24hr, again brilliant. It feels more like what the majority of us actually do and is the only thing I've come across that makes stationary trainer sessions bearable. Plus I've found it more motivating, sure a flipwhip is cool but very few of us could ever do that but all of us can go race the Cape epic (which I intend on doing next year).

Now my question is this, where the hell does one get more of these types of DVDs? The Cape epic one I've taped off Eurosport and What goes on tour came with an issue of AMB. Everywhere I've looked only seems to sell DH/huckster type flicks.

tidlibit

Likes Dirt
i agree with what your saying

if they used the money and same camera techniques, you could make a sweet movie

+1 for more AM vids ;) saw a great one in the vid section a while back, ride up the track, ride down the other side

0psi

Eats Squid
The production values of the Cape epic doco were pretty good, it felt like the average polished production you'd expect of a Eurosport doco. Not sure who's actually responsible for the flick, I suspect it was someone Aussie, possibly AMB.

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
A few massive generalizations in there. I for one like watching vids of guys pushing the limits. It takes amazing skill and balls to do what they do. If you can't appreciate it for what it is then its your loss.

A different vid to check out is Trailnotes. It can be bought on the iTunes store. It's a NZ doco which is quite good.

Enjoy your mag trainer, Cape Epic, Latte and Lycra (that's my generalization)

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
May have to check that one out. I wish there were more around, I'm another who doesn't get too excited by the endless hucking..

Yeah I enjoyed what stays on tour as well.

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
I found with the NWD series that it got boring after one watch.

Follow Me, From the inside out, three minute gaps and where the trail ends are less "big mountain flipwhipz and durt jumps" and more rad tree fastness.

JP

Likes Dirt
I have "Ride The Divide" which is pretty cool. "Reveal The Path" is on its way. Something a bit different to the jump fest, hucking, 24 hour offerings out there. Let me know if you want a look.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I found with the NWD series that it got boring after one watch.

Follow Me, From the inside out, three minute gaps and where the trail ends are less "big mountain flipwhipz and durt jumps" and more rad tree fastness.

Both have appeal. With NWD, you probably need more appreciation for the detail of technical tricks. For Follow Me and the like, it's more about pretty filming. For me, it's all about the Disorder. Film it with an iPhone for all I care - give me banger progressive tricks!!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watched 'Ride the Divide' last night, pretty incredible effort by all involved.

Seeing the female riders legs blow up like they did was amazing!