Noob Honzo Build Help

I'm about to order a Honzo ST frame but I've never built a MTB (I'm a roadie/track/cx dude)..
The plan was to pretty much move errythang off my 2014 Speccy Camber (I've cracked it) but I'm a bit confused as to what additional bits I'll require to get it ready to rock.

Pretty sure I'll need the following:

- Kona 12x142 dropouts (2017 model is boost but my wheels ain't) (will I need an additional adapter for the brake?)
- Threaded bottom bracket
- Sram X01 cranks for GPX (anyone selling a 175 set of the pre-eagle ones?)
- Aluminum can for seat post shim until i can get a 31.6 dropper (speccy has 30.9)

Any suggestions or anything else you can think of??

(Sram mtb cranks seem to be ridiculously expenos so am actually considering just getting a complete Shimano XT group instead... Yay or nay?)

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Not sure the 12 x 142 dropouts will work on the boost frame, you'll need to check with Kona. What dropper are you running? It's very easy to swap mast sizes with some.

moorey

call me Mia
What's your current dropper? I have a 31.6 lev I was about to convert to 30.9.

edit, just read spesh command. NVM.

It says they are compatible with the 2017 ST, so all seems good. Ask a Spesh dealer if mast swap is easy, or Google it.
I've sent a message to the dealer where I'd like to purchase the frame from (no one in Aus has them unfortunately), hopefully they can get me the dropouts..
Can't find much info on replacement parts for the dropper (they have servicing kit but that's just seals that..) will continue hunting..
Not too sure what to do about the cranks tho, the link to app for the trading pages don't work so I can't post there

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
You need to apply for trading access. It's quite simple if you actually READ what is required.