Norco 125 or Giant stp1

mtb 4 life

Cannon Fodder
Hey Guys im looking to find a stirdy bike for dj skate park and street. Ive been lookin at the norco 125 and the Giant stp1. Im not to sure which one to get. Could you please give me a bit of info on the bikes..

Thanks

saint16

Likes Bikes
what year models r u looking at? the new 07 stp1 is awesome, and now comes with a truvativ box guide........then again the 06 125 is sweet, and is supposed to be heaps light, but i havnt seen the 07 range..........still i say go with the stp1, and it now comes with a wicked paintjob like the 06 specialized range. all round, great bike, go for it :)

THE YETI

Likes Dirt
The new paint job looks sick compared to the old plain shit. The stp is alot more suited to the street side of riding then the 125. The old 125's come with alivio and feel good for about a week if you dont tune them before every ride.Not sure bout the 07 125 spec but id say go the stp if your buing 07.Although i do love the extra chunkiness of the 125

yer i would go the giant i got one for my birthday this and im only 12 and it can take on anything. dirt jumping with it is a breeze and skate parks it really get you going.:D :cool:
so i would go for the STP1 it is a excellent bike to ride:cool: :D :eek:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the camo paint on the 07 stps looks pretty meh to me i prefer my all black frame and the all white of the 06 stp1 is :O

Jack_toda_Max

Likes Dirt
Who cares about the paint?

I've got an 05 STP Zero and brother has an 07 STP Zero.

Norco 125 and Giant STP 1 are the same price but the STP has lots of good gear on it. Go the STP.

billy b

Likes Bikes
if your going for a minority sorta bike dont get tha stp...thay are everywere... but thats because they arnt a bad bike, the 07 stp 1 is definatly good but i would go for tha norco 125...they r well spec'd and look super cozmic:cool:
im unsure about tha 07 125 but it will be betta then tha 06 so it will be sic!!!
tha 06 125 has got mtx rims, truvativ cranks n chain-guide, hayes brakes(cable):rolleyes: the only thing is if yu wanna be hardcore id get new forks(eventually)

;) hope it helps dude;)

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
mtb 4 life said:
Hey Guys im looking to find a stirdy bike for dj skate park and street. Ive been lookin at the norco 125 and the Giant stp1. Im not to sure which one to get. Could you please give me a bit of info on the bikes..

Thanks
Mate, welcome to Farkin and all that jazz, but please have a look around the place before you dive into posting. You'll see that there is a forum for just about every possible topic and yours belongs in PARTS & STUFF/WHAT SHOULD I BUY.

keepin it real

Likes Dirt
Well, i ride a 06' 125, and pretty much love it. (apart from the top out :p) I quite like the deraillur placement and the replaceable hangers, but mostly i like the strength and thickness of the frame.
So i'd reckon a 125, but i'm not sure about the 07's yet

cheers

>>Jordo<<

Likes Bikes
stp

i say they stp1 because it has really good componetry but i am just saying this because i don't know to much about the norco 125 even thought they are both really good bike i would say the stp1

good luck:D