norco 4by or atomik as dh/slamlom bike

Tim manski

Likes Bikes
I am looking at either one of these bikes to race in next years sunshine series and do some serious hucking on. which is better.

naz

Criminally Inane
well a 4by will be bumpy on DH, and a atomik will be hard to pump on a slalom course :p

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
4by = fourcross, slalom, trail, ns, medium hucking bike, fairly easy to pedal due to the short travel setup. Atomik = dh bike.

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
atomik u could dirt jump and dh its more of a freeride bike but not really slalom

wombat

Lives in a hole
miket14 said:
15 drops ur not gunna find a slalom bike that can do that i dont think
People do bigger drops on hardtails. Unfortunately people think they can make up for a lack of skill with more travel.

man

Likes Dirt
get the atomik,
it will be harder to pump round a slalom course but it will stand up to hucking... will be better for dh and i dont think a 4by will stand up to regular big hucks...

naz

Criminally Inane
wombat said:
miket14 said:
15 drops ur not gunna find a slalom bike that can do that i dont think
People do bigger drops on hardtails. Unfortunately people think they can make up for a lack of skill with more travel.
wombat thats the best thing ive heard all day, you made my day :p

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think a 4by could stand up to hucks pretty well as mike kinrade rides one and he hucks it pretty farkin big...

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
thats nice. Photos? You do realise that 12 foot is 3 meters?

AS for the bike.... go the atomic its awsome value this year.

Rik

logged out
If you want a bike that'll do DH, slalom AND hucking, get a burly hardtail, it'd be more appropriate, and you're less likely to kill it.

bazza

look at me
get the 4by they are mad bikes, i would take one over an atomik any day!! btw anyone want to give me a link to the 04 one im a lazy little bastard.

dick

Likes Dirt
bazza said:
get the 4by they are mad bikes, i would take one over an atomik any day!! btw anyone want to give me a link to the 04 one im a lazy little bastard.
in the time it took you to write that message, you could have gone to norco.com and found the 4by.