Norco 6...

zac

Likes Dirt
I picked the frame up for 60 bucks, and put one of those DNM RL air shocks on it, which worked ok but then I got even fatter and was looking at nearly 50% sag at max pressure. Got hold of a CR after missing out on the black Friday sales and its freaking awesome. Rear creaks a little (may be slightly bent) but very, very happy as it stands.

Spoke to the awesome guys at JustRide today and they said they can sort out some new hoses for my old m755 XTs which will be the next thing, along with 200mm rotors, but not in any real rush to do that. All parts except the shock are off my old Mongoose Teocali, except the brakes from a donor Trek

Frame - 2007 Norco 6 SE, 5.7-6.5" travel
Rear shock Marzocchi Bomber CR, 700lb spring
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi Z150FR
Handlebars - Bontrager
Stem - Controversy 50mm
Headset - sealed bearing cheapie
Grips - white, lock on
Saddle - Funn
Seatpost - the only 29.8mm one I could find...
Front brake - Shimano MT200
Rear brake - Shimano MT200
Cranks - Truvativ Stylo
Chainguide - E13
Chain - Sram 8spd
Pedals - Dice Outlaw
Front derailleur - nah
Rear derailleur - Sram X7
Front shifter - niet
Rear shifter - Sram X5 8spd
Cassette - Sram 8spd
Front hub - some 20mm thing
Rear hub - novatec?
Front rim - Some giant Alex thing, 26" and must be close to 30mm wide... 20 yr old dh wheel
Rear rim - Alex sx44
Spokes - present
Nipples - present but not working
Tyres - Kenda Blue Groove front and Nevegal rear
Tubes - certainly in there, none of this tubeless guff
Total weight - somewhere between enough and too much

20240328_135150.jpg

I'd post it in the Beautiful Bikes thread but they'd think I was trolling...

If I was going to upgrade it I'd throw a top of the line 55 and XO on, but who can afford that?

Last edited:

safreek

I picked the frame up for 60 bucks, and put one of those DNM RL air shocks on it, which worked ok but then I got even fatter and was looking at nearly 50% sag at max pressure. Got hold of a CR after missing out on the black Friday sales and its freaking awesome. Rear creaks a little (may be slightly bent) but very, very happy as it stands.

Spoke to the awesome guys at JustRide today and they said they can sort out some new hoses for my old m755 XTs which will be the next thing, along with 200mm rotors, but not in any real rush to do that. All parts except the shock are off my old Mongoose Teocali, except the brakes from a donor Trek

Frame - 2007 Norco 6 SE, 5.7-6.5" travel
Rear shock Marzocchi Bomber CR, 700lb spring
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi Z150FR
Handlebars - Bontrager
Stem - Controversy 50mm
Headset - sealed bearing cheapie
Grips - white, lock on
Saddle - Funn
Seatpost - the only 29.8mm one I could find...
Front brake - Shimano MT200
Rear brake - Shimano MT200
Cranks - Truvativ Stylo
Chainguide - E13
Chain - Sram 8spd
Pedals - Dice Outlaw
Front derailleur - nah
Rear derailleur - Sram X7
Front shifter - niet
Rear shifter - Sram X5 8spd
Cassette - Sram 8spd
Front hub - some 20mm thing
Rear hub - novatec?
Front rim - Some giant Alex thing, 26" and must be close to 30mm wide... 20 yr old dh wheel
Rear rim - Alex sx44
Spokes - present
Nipples - present but not working
Tyres - Kenda Blue Groove front and Nevegal rear
Tubes - certainly in there, none of this tubeless guff
Total weight - somewhere between enough and too much

View attachment 408163

I'd post it in the Beautiful Bikes thread but they'd think I was trolling...

If I was going to upgrade it I'd throw a top of the line 55 and XO on, but who can afford that?
Very sweet, I reckon the Z150 suits those types of bikes. I have one on a Gemini and it's good as.
Glad to see someone else posting cool old 26rs on here.
I think it should be in the beautiful bikes thread but the bike snobs would probably cry;)

zac

Likes Dirt
Very sweet, I reckon the Z150 suits those types of bikes. I have one on a Gemini and it's good as.
Glad to see someone else posting cool old 26rs on here.
I think it should be in the beautiful bikes thread but the bike snobs would probably cry;)
Yeah, I kinda want another one to go on the manik but I've got an '03 DJ1 which is basically the same thing but only 130mm... otherwise I can drop a 66 to 150mm but that seems like a bit more trouble than it's worth, what with it being a bit of a boat anchor...