AM Norco LT 6.1 2010 frame build up

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
So been meaning to get around to writing up the details on my latest build so here it is.

Got the new never built up frame from fleabay, turned up a few days before Christmas last year. Was sprung taking it to the shed and agreed to not give each other presents if I didn't complain about the new mixer she had been hankering for.

So the frame sat in the shed as I slowly got the parts at the right price, there was nothing wrong with my bike at the time but just couldn't pass up a well priced upgrade and the end result is well dam fun and more than capable of backing my trail adventures.

Frame - Norco 2010 Fluid LT 6.1
Rear shock - Rockshox Monarch 4.2
Front shock/fork - X-Fusion Slant
Handlebars - FSA CarbonPro
Stem - RaceFace 70mm
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - Ergon GP1
Saddle - SDG Belair RL
Seatpost - X-Fusion Hilo dropper 125mm
Front brake - XT M785 with 203mm ice tech
Rear brake - XT m785 with 180mm icetech
Cranks - SLX with Blackspire NW 32
Chainguide - NA
Chain - Sram
Pedals - XT trail
Front derailleur - NA
Rear derailleur - XT clutch
Front shifter - NA
Rear shifter - Zee 10spd
Cassette - Sram 10 spd
Wheels - DT Swiss M1700 Tricon 26"
Tyre Front - Maxxis Ardent 2.25 tubeless
Tyre Rear - Maxxis Crossmark 2.10 tubless
Total weight - around 14kg memory
WP_20140824_002.jpgWP_20140824_004.jpgWP_20140824_003.jpg

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Nice. I've been riding a 2009 lt1 for ages. Just stripped it for another build, but great bikes. Enjoy.

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
I like your spec choice, very good value/performance compromise. What do you think of the X Fusion parts? I was quite tempted into getting some of these.

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
Cheers for comments, yeah real happy with the build. I don't know why Norco's from a few years ago aren't more popular.

The X-Fusion kit has been solid to date, the Slants are new second handers from a guy off here who replaced them on a Soda for lower travel forks. Currently they are set at 140mm but can be set at 160mm internally. They are the base model, so no lock out or travel adjustment but I don't feel that I need it. Had some Fox Talas a few bikes ago and after a while found I just left it at one setting.

The Hilo is new and so far it has been fine, a little rotation of the saddle but its never been an issue for me. I must admit that I don't use it that much, my mates are always dropping their saddles for desents but often I forget and its not till I'm at the bottom waiting that I think maybe I should have dropped it.

moorey

call me Mia
My lt1 retailed at over $7k. No one wanted to pay that for a Norco despite awesome spec (industry 9 wheelset). Guy I bought off worked for the distro, so I figure he got good price on it

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
super clean!
Not sure if you mean the build or the state of it, Kowen was a bit of a mudfest in spots on the weekend. Got home before the rest of the family so had time to give it a proper clean for the first time in a while. No better time to document the ride then just cleaned after a blissful morning playing in the forest!

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
My lt1 retailed at over $7k. No one wanted to pay that for a Norco despite awesome spec (industry 9 wheelset). Guy I bought off worked for the distro, so I figure he got good price on it
Yeah thats a lot of coin, yours was the 09 model? That would have been top end back then?

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah thats a lot of coin, yours was the 09 model? That would have been top end back then?
He told me it was the '09, sold as '10 in aus. I think it's just a bona fide '09. I bought as frame and fork only, couldn't afford the i9's he was selling :pout:

Attachments

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
There isn't to many difference between the frames. The top of the rear triangle and the tapered head tube. What was the head tube angle on your model? The Norco site has mine at 68 degree's.

moorey

call me Mia
There isn't to many difference between the frames. The top of the rear triangle and the tapered head tube. What was the head tube angle on your model? The Norco site has mine at 68 degree's.
Same, but I ran offset shock bushes for slightly slacker. The Big difference, 27.2 seat post, which I didn't know, as bought unseen and was going off 2010 spec. Had to fork out for new dropper :tsk:

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
Yeah forgot that part, was part of the reasons that tempted me to get the frame. The 27.2 and the straight narrow head tube of the older Fluids make the parts upgrading a little bit more difficult.

But now that the 650B experence is here upgrading my frame with nice spec 26" kit is an option if any of the parts become an issue. Which I have to say is not something that I'm expecting any time soon (Knock on wood). Already got the really nice set of new DT for a very good price, nicest set of wheels I have ever owned and have been up and down Stromlo more than a few times and still as straight as the day I got them.

Last edited:

KouraKoura

Likes Bikes
I'm building up a 6.1 LT at the moment!

norco build.jpg

so far:

6.1 frame (RS monarch)
Fox Float 150mm kashima
SLX brakes (will go for 180mm front rotor, 160 rear)
SLX shifter to XT shadow+ mid cage
NW 34tooth front ring and 11-36 cassette

Waiting on a few parts: new Brake lines/oil/pads, gear cable housing, Headset,

I'm going to route the brake and gears on the down tube (bottlecage boss guides) then down the top of the seat stays. I'm not a fan of the under BB cable routing.

On the look out for a decent wheelset for a decent price... but I have some to slap on in the mean time (giant SXC-2).
Not sure about a dropper post yet.