Norco or Specialized?

Tyson

Likes Bikes
I am looking at getting a new freeride/jumping bike. I have been looking at the Norco Launch or the Specialized Expert and was wondering what you all think would be best.
I will also be doing DH and 4X but mostly jumping.
Thanks for the help.
(Does anyone know the price of the Norco Aline?)

Mason

Likes Dirt
I would say the specialized expert. More bang for the buck. If you don't believe me, read the stats on them.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the look of the specialized better, (you do mean the bighit?) The are both good bikes and they are both the same design and similar spec. I'd say give them a test ride if you can because there isn't anything to seperate them otherwise, 24" rear could be a factor if you wanna do lots of fast DH.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
yeah both bikes seem pretty similar with spec's... i'd get the cheapest bike.
i like the specialized, its a hot bike.. grr

G

lol @ peachy.. i like the specialized myself but its what you prefer in the end

S.

ex offender
Mostly jumping?! Get a hardtail with some 4-5" forks and you're all set. I had a 5" Atomik for a while, and lemme tell you - if you mainly do jumping, a duallie isn't for you.

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
i was looking at getting a Bighit expert 2 but was told the other day that they have none left so it looks like u will have to get the pro now, bugger :)

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bighit Experts are soooo nice. I was askin about them through curiosity and no-one that i asked had any left this year!

dick

Likes Dirt
yeh definately dont get a dual of ur jumping.
i used to have one and it was a pain in the ass cause its slow and all cushiony. u can race downhill on a hardtail anyway. duals are just a pain in the ass and when they get old they get annoying.
now ive got a p3 and its heaps better cuse its faster and smaller.

Tyson

Likes Bikes
I thought about getting a hardtail but I just prefer duallys. I am also looking at the Aline now. What do you think of them?

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tyson said:
I thought about getting a hardtail but I just prefer duallys. I am also looking at the Aline now. What do you think of them?
the fork (monster T2) is very heavy and has crappy damping, if ya swapped the fork out for a super T or sumfin it'd be good i reckon...

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tyson, hold out for the 04 a-line if you realy want one. I have heard they are comming out with insane specs for price :D

CHEWY

Eats Squid
ask that spudz guy, or derek yates... they seem to be in the know for what happenin wit the norcos

Chilli

Likes Dirt
if youre really up for an a-line my local shop stocks them for about $4100 but dont know about your area. :D my cuz owns one, he slapped a 24 on the back and its a beast :twisted: mostly for drops though not really jumps, then again grant allen rips doubles on a stab...

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, yes the t2 isn't that crash hot....but for 50 or so bux, you can get it revalved and have the same internals as the 02 monsters with the same adjustments...or so im led to belive.