NORCO RAMPAGE vs SPECIALIZED BIG HIT SPORT

sifter

Likes Dirt
Konaman said:
Racing with long travel forks loses speed? do you see steve peat riding judies? :roll:
racing bsx with long travel loses speed, not a chance you can convince me otherwise.

Konaman

Likes Dirt
oh we are talking about dh use bikes so i thought you meant dh racing, im right beside you in saying that you dont want long travel forks for 4x. my bad i was confused.

sifter

Likes Dirt
2_fast_4_u said:
i think you mean racing 4x sifter
i hate it how now everyones calling it 4x and bsx, i mean, ok i don't hate it but back in the day it was always just dirtjumping, because you went around a circuit and there was occaisonal dirt jumps, bsx and 4x never really caught on with me. but oh well, i'll try.

udi

swiss cheese
Mr. Van - i'll be the one of the first not to be a dickhead here, and ask what your intending to do with your bike.... ?

The rampage does have some nicer gear on it in certain places, etc etc - but it's still a hardtail, and it's my newly formed opinion that hardtails do suck it on the nasty downhills. Go on all you want about skill guys, bla bla - to me it just makes it painful and detracts from the fun of it. JMO on that one.

I'd say take the dually - go and bargain down the price, whatever - and you can always get a new fork later down the track if your not pleased with the existing.

But if your just hitting up the trails, not hitting up too many drops, and not screwing up too many landings - the rampage might be a fun machine to have.

I'd take the bh sport myself, even if it isn't the best in the world.