Norco Sasquatch Build

Hi guys

I have a Norco Sasquatch small frame I want to build for my wife. I was gifted the frame ( its almost brand new) and I was wondering how to best build it for just some urban riding and cruising.

A) Can I put a straight steer fork on this frame?

B) What type of headset should I buy for it?

C) Can i use a 100mm fork like a DJ 1/2/3 or do i have to use something with more travel?

I have an XC bike that will be donating most of its parts but it only has Manitou Skarab 80mm forks that i think will be too short for the frame.

Its going to be a budget build with a custom paint job so I am keen to know what forks and headset I should go for to get the ball rolling. Ideally something fairly cheap. I have been out of the loop in terms of bikes for a while and have noticed that most bikes have gone to 29" or 27.5" as well as a tapered steerer.

I am not sure what dictates the frame getting a tapered steerer but would appreciate any help and advice.

thanks

newguy

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi guys

I have a Norco Sasquatch small frame I want to build for my wife. I was gifted the frame ( its almost brand new) and I was wondering how to best build it for just some urban riding and cruising.

A) Can I put a straight steer fork on this frame?

B) What type of headset should I buy for it?

C) Can i use a 100mm fork like a DJ 1/2/3 or do i have to use something with more travel?

I have an XC bike that will be donating most of its parts but it only has Manitou Skarab 80mm forks that i think will be too short for the frame.

Its going to be a budget build with a custom paint job so I am keen to know what forks and headset I should go for to get the ball rolling. Ideally something fairly cheap. I have been out of the loop in terms of bikes for a while and have noticed that most bikes have gone to 29" or 27.5" as well as a tapered steerer.

I am not sure what dictates the frame getting a tapered steerer but would appreciate any help and advice.

thanks

newguy

A) You can only put a straight steerer 1 1/8th fork on.
B) You can only put a straight 1 1/8th headset in.
C) An 80mm fork would probably be pushing it in terms of throwing out the geo, but it depends on the ' Axle to crown height'. The Sasquatches came with 150mm travel forks from memory.

You cannot get anything tapered on this bike. 1 18th only. The frame is a heavy beast, lightweight wheels and would help. But keep in mind the Sasquatch was designed to be a burly DH/freeride hardtail.

Last edited: