norco shore 1

jaybe

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys

some opinions welcome.

Have the opportunity to pick up a shore 1 pretty cheap (07 model unused).

I am looking for an all round bike focused more on light/med freeride and trail riding in general.

with the right set of tyres, etc will this bike do the job is it just plain too much overkill??

cheers jb

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Guys

some opinions welcome.

Have the opportunity to pick up a shore 1 pretty cheap (07 model unused).

I am looking for an all round bike focused more on light/med freeride and trail riding in general.

with the right set of tyres, etc will this bike do the job is it just plain too much overkill??

cheers jb
My cousin bought a shore 2 with the same intention as you to do a fair bit of XC/trail riding and a bit of DH here and there and he regretted it thoroughly they are not good for XC style riding but if your not planning on doing much of that just downhill/freeride they are an awesome bike for it and would greatly accommodate your needs

Z100

Likes Bikes
will this bike do the job is it just plain too much overkill??

cheers jb
I own a Shore 3, I found that I struggled with any Trail/XC type riding. Going down hill was great but riding back up was a real effort. Plus I found on some tight XC tracks that it wasn't the most agile bike, so yes it is a bit of overkill. I have now turned this bike into my DH rig (makes a great DH bike!) and have picked up a XC bike.

Last edited:

joelly

Likes Bikes
I have an 06 shore two.As people have said,its heavy and not much good for xc,but it makes up for it when you go down hill or want to jump something,they are strong bikes and iv always felt in control riding it.This is my first proper bike and im glad i bought it and not the kona rig i look at previously. :D

Fat Chilli

Likes Bikes
I have a 06 Shore 1 and agree with the sentiments of the above posts, bit on the heavy side for XC, okay for occasional use but better suited for FR/DH usage, which is what I wanted ;-)

Tallman

Likes Dirt
I've got an '06 Shore 3, and as mentioned above, they aren't the best for XC. However, I enjoy using mine for XC and I feel really happy with myself after riding our local XC trails on it, because it's bloody hard and you have to work a lot! It is heavy, but once you get over that it's not bad at all, I find anyway. I also do lots of DH on weekends usually, and it's great for that too, I just need to get around to changing the spring on the shock, it's way to hard for my weight. It's a bit of a do it all bike, albeit not doing everything perfectly/easily though!

Bottom line - I don't regret buying mine at all, and it has served the purpose for which I bought it very well.

wizz

Squid
I have a 06 Shore 1 and agree with the sentiments of the above posts, bit on the heavy side for XC, okay for occasional use but better suited for FR/DH usage, which is what I wanted ;-)
and if its anything like you wheel that jeep of yours:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... :p

jaybe

Likes Dirt
thanks for all the replies guys.

I didnt end up buying the shore. It was an awesome bike and i almost bought it, but i had to admit to myself it was a bit of overkill for what i ride.

I ended up getting a spanking 08 model fluid lt 2 for 2500 form TBSM on sale. good price.

different style of bike, but the fluid lt is an awesome bike heaps of travel and confidence but i can still keep up (mostly) on the 20K +m trail rides i do with my mates. I dont think I wouldve on the shore.

cheers

JB

party76

Likes Dirt
i also have a norco shore 2 06 model. this is not a light bike for all day missions! it lovels shuttles! it can be pedalled quite well uphill but you are better off just going down on it! i have no regrets with buying this bike. i love it! it handles great, good stabilty at high speed, well hard frame! it loves drops jumps gaps rocks as big as your balls can go.try a norco 6, santa cruz nomad 4 a lighter ride:)