Norco Sight Killer B 3

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Quick photo before I went out and made it dirty...

2.jpg

Frame - 2013 Sight 650B 140 mm travel trail
Rear shock - X Fusion 02 RL air
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Sektor TK solo air 140mm, 15mm 650B
Handlebars - Norco 1" rise bar 740 mm width , 6061 alloy
Stem - Norco short reach 3D forged
Headset - FSA #57B 1.5" to 1-1/8"
Grips - T-One lock on
Saddle - WTB Silverado Comp
Seatpost - Norco alloy 2014 double bolt seatpost 30.9 mm*(reverb on order)
Front brake - Avid Elixer 1
Rear brake - Avid Elixer 1
Cranks - FSA Comet 24/38 10 speed Mega Exo
Chainguide - nope
Chain - Sram PC-1031
Pedals - Shimano M540
Front derailleur - Shimano SLX direct mount FD
Rear derailleur - Shimano SLX shadow+
Front shifter - Shimano Deore
Rear shifter - Shimano Deore
Cassette - Deore CS HG 62
Front hub - Formula 15 mm
Rear hub - Formula 142 x 12
Front rim - Sun Inferno 25 650 B
Rear rim - Sun Inferno 25 650 B
Spokes - ?
Nipples - ?
Tyres - Kenda Nevagal 650B x 2.35
Tubes - ?
Total weight - ?

Crimson

Likes Dirt
Nice.

I'll have my B2 later this week, but won't have the opportunity to get it dirty till next week, but I think Lysterfield will be the trails of choice for it's christening.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Quick photo before I went out and made it dirty...Frame - 2013 Sight 650B 140 mm travel trail............................
pah! another wheels size, it'll never catch on

and what's that frame made of anyway, aluminium? pah! steel is what you want
and what's that shock/piston thing in the middle? some kind of'suspension', wow, does it make brrap brrap noises? rear suspension? pah, never catch on
and whats with the funny looking fork? and the odd shape head tube? and what the hell are those things on the wheels?!?! disc brakes?!?!!? come on, as if you need them, and what about those bars, they are bent and far too wide, it's marketing gone mad i tells ya

never catch on ;-)

merry christmas

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Never much liked Norco as a brand (no reason).

But your bike has very aesthetically pleasing lines, it looks very 'racy' and fun.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
How's the Norco going mate? Anymore feedback yet?
I like it a lot. It's tough for me to give a proper report/comparison because I've not spent much time on other modern duallies and I'm biased because it cost a lot of coin (for me). Have upgraded the brakes/shifters to XT, installed a Reverb dropper, and now running flats/5-10's. I'm happy with the rest and will upgrade if/when bits wear out.
Hard to tell what influence the wheel size has.. when I'm riding a 29er, the wheels feel big and keep feeling pretty big all the time (not in a bad way, they just feel big), on the 650b I stopped noticing the size after a few minutes. Going back to a 26, the wheels feel/look smaller, but again only for a minute or two.
Except for the Avid brakes, I can't really fault it. If it got nicked today, I'd order the same bike again tomorrow.