Norco xxxx or Kona Bass

heggers

Likes Bikes
I've read all the reviews etc and I cant split them. Just wondering if any one has one or the other and what they think. I want to do a bit of 4x, trail, and DJ.

KONA
Kona Clump 7005 Aluminum, 4" Travel
Marzocchi Roco Air TST w/Piggyback
Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 1 100mm w/20mm Dropouts
TH w/Big Nut
RaceFace Evolve DH
36T
RaceFace X-Type
Kona Wah-Wah
Shimano Deore
Shimano Deore (11-32, 9spd)
E.Thirteen STS
Shimano XT Shadow
Shimano Deore (rh only)
RaceFace Evolve DH Riser
RaceFace Evolve DH
Cowan Lock-On Signature
Shimano M575 Hydraulic Disc
Shimano M575 Hydraulic
Formula DH
Shimano M525 Disc
Sandvik Stainless 14g
Maxxis Minion DH 26x2.35
Sun EQ 2.9SL
WTB Devo HP Comp
RaceFace Evolve DH
Kona QR
Purple Metallic/Gloss White

Norco
A versatile 102 mm / 4" travel FSR 4 bar bike used for dirt jump inspired slope style courses and 4X racing but also offers plenty of durability as a light duty Shore bike or jump bike
The new 2009 4-X offers lower standover, stiffer link arms and lighter main frame tubing
Comes in a short or long top tube option
Marzocchi 4X fork with 100 mm / 3.9" travel
Fox Float R rear shock
Sunline bar and stem
Pivotal thin design Norco custom saddle
Sram X5 gearing with the E–13 guide

Cheers

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The kona seems to be slightly tougher/heavier build i guess aimed at jumping/general riding. While Norco is slightly more 4x orientated it seems (forks etc).

I like the look of the Norco myself. (but ive never been a real Norco fan really so im in two minds).

But as has been said.. both very capable and good spec bikes! Hard one to pick. See if you can get a quick ride of each and go from there..

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
The kona seems to be slightly tougher/heavier build i guess aimed at jumping/general riding. While Norco is slightly more 4x orientated it seems (forks etc).

I like the look of the Norco myself. (but ive never been a real Norco fan really so im in two minds).

But as has been said.. both very capable and good spec bikes! Hard one to pick. See if you can get a quick ride of each and go from there..
With that said, there are alot of the XXXX showing up in MTB vids of late boosting big air. Used for Park and DJ. I'd go the XXXX.

chillywilly

Likes Dirt
Hey mate you can buy my Norco 4x for $2800. It is a 2009 one, and has only done about 3 rides. PM me for details.

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also check out the new norco Empire 5, its boykos bike of choice for slopestyle these days. very nice bike.

heggers

Likes Bikes
Yeah the empire is awesome but I think its just a bit to much for what Im after. already have a DH bike and XC so really after something I can just play around on.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
empire5 is a do it all (exeption XC) bike, its under 15kg

i have one but its still in the shop so i havnt done alot of riding on it yet, took it for a spin around town, it jumps nice as!

but if you already have a dh bike then why dont you get a hardtail??

i dont realy like eather the xxxx or the kona. the xxxx feels too low at the front to me, and the other one i think i would rather a hardtail then

just my opinion

curly123

Likes Dirt
i hired a kona bass at thredbo (mine stuffed up) and after i put my rims on it it was awsome and it was prety light too