Front shock/fork -manitou machete 140mm
Handlebars -generic carbon 740
Stem -generic carbon 70mm
Headset -works ec44, zs44 top
Grips -dmr deathgrip flangeless
Saddle -bontrager stubby 142
Seatpost -carbon easton...actually need a 31.6 dropper
Front brake -deore w 180trp rotor
Rear brake -deore, mismatched colour caliper w/ front to upset OCD types, has 160..prob needs 180 rotor
Cranks - sram desc 165mm 30t
Chain -8 spd ex1
Pedals -dmr composite, need metal though, list foot when in the air
Rear derailleur -ex1
Rear shifter -ex1
Cassette -11-46 ex1 8 spd
Wheels -stock off merida one forty
Nipples -getting hairier
Tyres -goodyear newton 29x2.4
Total weight -?13ish, will weigh later

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
rode nicely, first bike ive had where it picked up speed quickly going down, and i felt under braked, steering was sharp & tight, i thought it might steer like a tractor but was quicker than my other hardtails. almost lost the front a couple of times, will have to put more weight on the bars
goodyear newton felt fine, but i hardly test the limits on tyres, climbed steep switchbacks really well, and gets in the air easily, ran fork prob at 75psi, let air out twice, felt fine at last setting...trails are dusty at present, plenty of sand around in gisborne too

bought it to try the slack ha/steep sa craze, not a huge diffference but deifintly jumps easier, and climbs steep tight turns well..i was alll over a carbon epic on the steep tight stuff, and caught him down a staright long 5deg descent

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Great looking bike, just wondering why you went 1 x 8?
cassetteweights 332g, 1 shift at a times, shifting is crixp even uner load, still great range...sram only contender to b better than there ol 9 speed x1 groupo, oops also shimano freehub compatible..was designed for ebikes, i bought early, geoblocking has sent the cassette price nth of 650 unfortunately,

ausdb

Being who he is
cassetteweights 332g, 1 shift at a times, shifting is crixp even uner load, still great range...sram only contender to b better than there ol 9 speed x1 groupo, oops also shimano freehub compatible..was designed for ebikes, i bought early, geoblocking has sent the cassette price nth of 650 unfortunately,
Fair enough, that cassette price puts paid to any thoughts of a cheap upgrade option for a kids bike.