normal for my fork?

roboworm9000

Likes Dirt
i recently bought a 2009 Norco Sasquatch and the front fork ( marzochi 55 rs )
once i turn the rebound down to its slowest the fork seems to lock up ( like its has full lockout on ) i was just wondering if thats normal? once i turn it back a bit faster the fork goes back to normal.

Poodle7

Squid
Yeh i wouldn't be concerned, when adjusting the rebound your basiclly only adjusting the size of the hole that oil/air in the fork can flow through, my fox talas do the exact same thing except they don't completly lock out.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Contrary to what has been posted above, your forks shouldn't be locked out, rather they should feel 'dead' at max rebound damping (ie. slow). I'd be getting them checked out whilst under warrenty as "wouldn't be too worried my mate has 55s and they do it to" is simply unacceptable.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Contrary to what has been posted above, your forks shouldn't be locked out, rather they should feel 'dead' at max rebound damping (ie. slow). I'd be getting them checked out whilst under warrenty as "wouldn't be too worried my mate has 55s and they do it to" is simply unacceptable.
Surely you can't be serious!! LOOK JACK SAYS IT HELPS WHEN GOING UP HILLS!!!!

Yeah, my 55s Do the same on my Six. I find it useful when going up hills.

....OH WAIT! He was serious, and so am I. They shouldn't be doing what you're describing.
So unless you're describing what's happening wrong, or we're interpreting you wrong, they should not act like they have full lockout on. Especially when they don't even have a lockout function:eek:...

...unless the 55RS have lockout, but I'm pretty sure they don't...so laugh at me if they do...