Northern Beaches local knowledge??

Hey all,

I'm lucky enough to have moved to Manly! Other than Manly Dam - I'm not too sure what tracks are better/worse here, and I've also heard there is a bunch of 'locals' tracks.

If possible, more 'all mountain' is preferred, but I'll ride anything. My new job finishes at 3.30 each arvo - so looking forward to arvo trail rides.

Any tips? preferences?

thanks!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Hey all,

I'm lucky enough to have moved to Manly! Other than Manly Dam - I'm not too sure what tracks are better/worse here, and I've also heard there is a bunch of 'locals' tracks.

If possible, more 'all mountain' is preferred, but I'll ride anything. My new job finishes at 3.30 each arvo - so looking forward to arvo trail rides.

Any tips? preferences?

thanks!

Here's a hot tip, get along Manly Cycles on Pittwater Rd and get some info on the Thursday shop ride. They hit some pretty fun stuff and if you go along regularly you'll gain some knowledge of the 'locals' tracks. They mix it up at different locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
Here's a hot tip, get along Manly Cycles on Pittwater Rd and get some info on the Thursday shop ride. They hit some pretty fun stuff and if you go along regularly you'll gain some knowledge of the 'locals' tracks. They mix it up at different locations.

Pretty much Narra every week.

OP - start there for awesome AM riding, then use that as a base to explore further afield in Garigal. Check out the Garigal Gorillas group on Facebook.

Pretty much Narra every week.

OP - start there for awesome AM riding, then use that as a base to explore further afield in Garigal. Check out the Garigal Gorillas group on Facebook.
Awesome! haven't even been to Narra yet. Keeeen! thanks for the tip!

Sweet, just looked it up. Will get along for sure!

hop across the wakehurst park way for Gharnia and Serratta. Link it up with the little track that runs alongside the parkway once you are back on the tar, cut in to feretville (home of the mighty ferrets), ride Daisy Duke (the original version thanks very much).

Adds up to 25kms all up, its techy in spots, climby, swooshy and fun on the bun.

Strava will show you. Serratta and Gharnia are sanctioned tracks, search the webs and ye shall find.

Or

OMV and then drive over to H20 in Westleigh (its ok its not a secret anymore and its pseudo approved), but I still park at the oval and ride down.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I love OMV, but its a hectic drive out there in the afternoon! I think last time from Manly it was over a hour. Defs worth it for the weekend, but maybe not in the arvos.

Fingers crossed on Oxford Falls!
The northern beaches are a difficult place to visit/leave. One almost feels it is a deliberate effort to keep people out...

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
why not ride to OMV?

I love OMV, but its a hectic drive out there in the afternoon! I think last time from Manly it was over a hour. Defs worth it for the weekend, but maybe not in the arvos.

Fingers crossed on Oxford Falls!
You can just about ride dirt from Manly to OMV and enjoy the great concrete burgs of St Ives along the way.

Manly dam --> ghnia/possums/... the pipeline to stone pde, down to the cacades, up the quarry track along ridge top across Monavale road at Kitchener, down and up across St Ives Chase, down and up to Glengary on Bobbin Head Rd, down and up to Jubes pump track, along the firetrail to Lister Street along Junction Rd to the centre of Hornsby - you may be too buggered to ride OMV don't forget you have to ride back.

- carpetrunner