NOT MTB: JAPAN Snowboarding with GoPro

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
すごい です よ

That was pretty cool, and Hakuba is just freakn amazing. There's a great pizza shop in hakuba too.

How long did you go for?

S

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
I was in Japan for 2.5 weeks, and spent 7 days at Hakuba. I will be back! The place was awesome for snow!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
could you post a pic of our camera setup ... I can work out how you have it ... or at least my head can't get around why its so stable ... ta :)

BOT: looks like fun

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
This isn't my set up, but it is pretty much the same as what I had. The image stabilasation software in the GoPro is incredible.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
wow so simple, yet so frig'n centred and stable.

what was it like riding while holding it out ... (soz no question marks)... thinking of taking the kids to the snow this year and I reckon I've just justified getting a GoPro ... FINALLY :).

BTW soz for the typos ... but you worked it out Ta

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Holding it out in front was fine, and swinging it around is also fine. I found when I had the camera in my back hand while snowboarding forwards it would throw me out of balance a bit.

Another tip... If you are all riding around and pointing the camera at people, get as close as you can otherwise the subject will often look too far away.