Not Your Average Alias!

smudge84

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

Well about a month or so my bike is finally done, after not touching it for several years!

The only original alias left is obviously the frame, seat post and seat... super keen to get back on it :)

Specs:

Frame - 2007 Giant Alias Medium
Front shock/fork - Rock Shox Reba RLT Dual Air 120mm (love it at 120)
Handlebars - FSA K-Force XC Carbon 18mm Rise 660mm
Stem - Sunline XC-1 100mm
Headset - Hope Semi Intergrated
Grips - THE G4 Bolt On
Saddle - SDG BelAir
Seatpost - Stock Giant
Seatclamp - Hope QR
Front brake - Avid Elixir CR Carbon 203mm
Rear brake - Avid Elixir CR Carbon 160mm
Cranks - Raceface Dues XC Singlespeed 175mm 32T w/bash
Chain - Kool Chain K710 SL
Pedals - Answer Rove Flat
Front derailleur - Nope...
Rear derailleur - Nope...
Cassette - Nope... Gusset Double Six SS Conversion w/16T Sprocket
Front hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo
Front rim - DT Swiss EX500
Rear rim - DT Swiss EX500
Spokes - DT Swiss Champion
Nipples - DT Swiss Brass Prolock
Tyres - Schwalbe Big Apple 2.15
Tubes - Yep
Total weight - 10KG

Pics: Sorry for the phone quality

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

...G...

Likes Bikes
It's not every day that you see an Alias like this! I think you've done a good job creating something a bit out of the ordinary. It looks great. Love the red and black colour scheme too.

smudge84

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the comments guys, yeah I love the colour scheme, I think the gold chain adds that something extra as well.

Few more pics in the sun this time :)

smudge84

Likes Bikes
Very nice job, i would just change out the apples for tyres.
Thanks, yeah wont have the apples on for all that long...you know of any "nobby" tyres that still have a good road characteristics? Something like the Smart Sam perhaps?

Beams

Likes Bikes
Schwalbe Hurricane - roll like mental on tarmac, but has knobs for the occasional trail - I rate them.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a good fork improves the Alias no end. I really like what you've don to yours.
I brought an '07 for my Husband, wish I'd kept it instead of the STP, I recall the geo was pretty much the same as the XTC at the time too!

smudge84

Likes Bikes
Just a good fork improves the Alias no end. I really like what you've don to yours.
I brought an '07 for my Husband, wish I'd kept it instead of the STP, I recall the geo was pretty much the same as the XTC at the time too!
Thanks Pebble... Yeah the fork has improved it in leaps and bounds over the dart 2's.

For the money I spent could of bought a whole new bike but have a soft spot for the Alias frame.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Pebble... Yeah the fork has improved it in leaps and bounds over the dart 2's.

For the money I spent could of bought a whole new bike but have a soft spot for the Alias frame.
Yes but if you're anything like me even if you brought a whole new bike you then still would have paid even more money for upgrades! He he.