Nothern Beaches Rides, Help wanted.

j-ro

Likes Dirt
Guys / girls,

I'm looking to start a community intiative to get younger kids outside and to ride their bikes.

Ive requested council support from both manly and pittwater, and some advertising / coveridge from the manly daily and peninsula living magazine.

What i need now is a few young (17~30) riders, who know their stuff, are willing to give up a little bit of time and are wanting to support their communitys future.

Chances are, in order to get insurance, you will need to have a police background check (to work with children) and be in good medical health.

If your work at a bike store locally , can you also see what you can do in terms of support if this was to go ahead?
Its basically going to be 3 or more experienced riders taking some indoors type kids for a lap of the damn or a trip round sugarloaf.

Intrest?

naz

Criminally Inane
does mosman count..and background check...um if it aint that good would that matter

peep

Likes Bikes
Hey j-ro, that sounds like an excellant idea.

I saw a question about the background check (which i've had done, i'm now the proud owner of a 'suitability card') so I pulled up some info on it for interested people.

http://www.childcomm.qld.gov.au/criminal/pdfs/4_page_information_web_revised_090902.pdf

gives some general info about the check. Having some sort of record doesn't mean you are off the list right away naz there is some sort of desicion making process involved :D

good luck!

j-ro

Likes Dirt
lol , naz the background check is to make sure u havnt been convicted or charged with child sex offences.

AlexMc maybe you could help with the other end of the operation, maybe you could spread the word about it to the target youth group?

Rik

logged out
Yeh exactly, if you can't pass the "safe to work with children" assessment, then I wouldn't want you as part of the MTB community to start with.

Criminal record != unsafe with children
unsafe with children < human

(damn my nerdness)

j-ro

Likes Dirt
lets get this straight, the form you will have t sign is so that you certify you have no prior conviction and that you will allow NSW police to run a background check.

j-ro

Likes Dirt
nah mate. Isn't going to go ahead. Not enough community support.

I thinks the common attitude is let the fat kids die of heart attacks at 25, its natural selection, my time is to important.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
typical!!! well if you get it up off the ground again, we can always try to get the Mike's involved, and maybe Turns. He'd be so funny with kids! I'd help, but kids hate me. I'm such a prick :lol:

G

Thats bullshit man, the council wasnt willing to help people of its community for no cost at all?? thats fucking low :evil:

naz

Criminally Inane
j-ro said:
lol , naz the background check is to make sure u havnt been convicted or charged with child sex offences.
phew havent done that lately....hehe

j-ro

Likes Dirt
the community support i was reffering to is a lack of older riders to help out.

Im in negotiation with the councill at the mo' bout insurance and the dreaded P.L. They arent to keen coz if someone had a big arsed crashed on the dam the natprks would simply state Deligated liability and the council would get the wrathe.

But if i can get enough Riders (experienced) the councill may just belive me when i say there will be sufficient supervision to negligate and risk.

Doesn't look like people will have to do a background check either, but if your are a child sex offender, do the world a favour, dont bother helping out just go top yourself.

looks to be Saturday the 15th november.

alexMc

Likes Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
typical!!! well if you get it up off the ground again, we can always try to get the Mike's involved, and maybe Turns. He'd be so funny with kids! I'd help, but kids hate me. I'm such a prick :lol:
what r u talking about