Nothin' too special.

Lowrider#1

Likes Dirt
Hey all, this is my street/dj/4x bike.
Excuse the dirt, Toowoomba's notorious for its 'red' dirt and the dust gets everwhere. That and we're on level 5 water restrictions, making it illegal to wash vehicles.

Specs are:
Frame:
Liquid Mainframe (Dark Purple Metallic)

Forks:
80mm Stance

Wheels:
Front: Rhyno Lite on Shimano Hub
Rear: Dice EFD on Shimano Hub

Tyres:
Front: Maxxis (Brian Lopes) Bling Bling
Rear: Kenda K-Rad

Drive:
Shimano Hollowtech Cranks
Custom Aluminium Bashguard (Crafted by Hugi)
KMC Chain
Surly Copy Single Speed Tensioner
Da Bomb Single Speed Kit
Mosh Pedals
32-13 Gearing

Cockpit:
Funn Stem
Azonic Bars
Jet Black Grips
Selle San Marco Rolls 2 Saddle

Brakes:
Hayes 6" Rear

Any comments or constructive critisism much welcome.

Thanks,
Trent

Attachments

Last edited:

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its ok i guess its mainly used for Dj and street, so whats up with the noby tyres why not run holy rollers or something like that?

Last edited:

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its ok i guess its mainly used for Dj and street, so whats up with the noby tyres why not run holy rollers or something like that?
freeride set up. (IMO)
the noby 4x front tyre prevents you from washing out, whilst the street back tyre allows drifting, and is fast rolling.

I take it you do more dirt than street?

nice bike mate, that purple looks trick, but i would possibly be looking at a new seat

Last edited:

Jeff Chase

Likes Bikes
I have a similar setup to that (wheels) hard pack on back and knobby on front, for the reason Big_chief said!

nice bike I like it!

Lowrider#1

Likes Dirt
I find that dirt tyres will happily stick to hard pack and concrete, but street tyres aren't too good on dirt. So I run a dirt tyre on the front to prevent washing out.
Basically what Big_Chief and Jeff Chase said.
That and both tyres were free. :p

Big_Chief: I'm assuming when you said "a new set" you're talking about the paint. I did the paint myself back in February (bare metal respray), and I think that it's holding up very well considering.

Last edited:

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
jeez havnt seen one of them in awile, had one of those as my first bike!

Dirt just adds character, shows it gets ridden!:cool:

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find that dirt tyres will happily stick to hard pack and concrete, but street tyres aren't too good on dirt. So I run a dirt tyre on the front to prevent washing out.
Basically what Big_Chief and Jeff Chase said.
That and both tyres were free. :p

Big_Chief: I'm assuming when you said "a new set" you're talking about the paint. I did the paint myself back in February (bare metal respray), and I think that it's holding up very well considering.
sorry dude, that was a typo, i meant new seat,
your right, the paint is good.

Last edited:

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
freeride set up. (IMO)
the noby 4x front tyre prevents you from washing out, whilst the street back tyre allows drifting, and is fast rolling.

I take it you do more dirt than street?

nice bike mate, that purple looks trick, but i would possibly be looking at a new seat
Yep i ride heaps more dirt than street, im getting noby maxxis for my bike anyway, i like the idea thow:D

Lowrider#1

Likes Dirt
sorry dude, that was a typo, i meant new seat,
your right, the paint is good.
New seat? :eek:
I put the Rolls on only today! Brand spanking new. Bought it today, pulled it outta the box, then out of the plastic and threw it on.

Edit: Looking at it again, it looks bent. It's not bent, that's how they come. It hasn't been ridden on yet.

Last edited: