Notice Boards in Jubilee

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
This is the result of Last Wednesday meeting where it was discussed that we needed more advertisment on the notice boards in Jubilee for the club, advertising who the club is and what we do. Apart from this poster that will be put on a3 size paper and the short passage about the club that will also be put on a3,
I am going to get a map with current trails, trails under construction and proposed trails and if we can form an agreement that we will have a build day once a month or once a fortnight whatever we can agree on then we will put this arrangment on the notice board as well to inform those who are not members but want to be involved with the construction or maintenance.
Please feel free to criticise, comment or throw up ideas on my work, paper work is not my day job.( It is layed out better on my computer but could not figure out how to transfer this directly to the forum page).
Can the club execs please post up and detail the procedure (if there is one) for me to go ahead with this idea.

View attachment -205982 Toowoomba Mountain Bike Club
Welcome to the MTB tracks of Jubilee Park. Within this park you will find the downhill track “The Mackenzie Frenzy” and the cross country circuit “The Roller Cat”, there is also a 4 cross track at the south west corner of the showgrounds that is run by the club. These tracks are established and maintained by the TMBC with the co-operation of the Toowoomba Regional Council for recreational and racing purposes for members of the club and the general public.
The TMBC was started in 2004 when it was noted that Toowoomba needed a MTB specific club to build/maintain tracks, organize races/social rides and accommodate the growing base of MTB enthusiasts, Jubilee Park was chosen as the best location given the terrain, elevation and an abundance of potential.
The club currently has a strong membership base but is always encouraging new members to join and participate in races, social rides and maintenance days. Club meetings are held the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm at the Dr Price room on Little street and everyone (member or non-member alike) is welcome to come along and share their views and catch up on current events.
If you wish to contact the TMBC you can do so by- email:contact@tmbc.org.au or on the forum at Rotorburn.com and follow the links to the TMBC page or on Facebook-Toowoomba Mountain Bike Club.

Attachments

Last edited:

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that AP.

I think all the information required is there.

I was wondering about putting how to become a member there, but that system with the MTBA website
is a bit complicated to put on the poster.

Another idea just popped into my head. What about noting that trail construction is "labour and also materials intensive" and
donations of trail building materials (for erosion control, and technical trail features) by prior arrangement would be appreciated.

I can see we need CCA'd wooden materials to build ladder walkways over some of the erosion hotspots. Heaps of stuff actually -- and
some of the riders can't commit a lot of time but may be able to offer this sort of help. In fact, one guy I met down there
was already offering this type of help.

Kind regards,

Matt Redding

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Looks awesome mate. Definitely go for it.

Noticed the guys up at Daisy Hill just had a chalk board with a plastic cover. Could be good to write up little things like track conditions, race dates, etc. Just something I saw that might be pretty cool.

cressa

Likes Dirt
hahaha i never knew that logo was actually in use. I knocked that up many many moons ago for some Sunshine Series Posters I did ('05 maybe). I would still have the original file if you ever need it.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
I think but I could be wrong that that logo is on the current shirts and is the reason why I have used it, it is a good logo.
The chalk board idea is good, it would be a good way to notify other riders of events and whats currently happen within the club and also so they can give us ideas and suggestions with the tracks.