......... now this is a bike race!

JP

Likes Dirt
Jesus H Christ man! I'd like to know how many of them have been cleaned up riding through oncoming traffic and intersections like that.

dej

Likes Bikes
Looks fantastic!
Something i'd never be able to show the wifey either:)
Wonder if there's a way to get the dvd without having to spend $70usd on postage:yell:

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Temporary citizens - natural selection at its best.......twits! If only they had respect for the impact they cause on others

rone

Eats Squid
one word...idiots.
there is nothing cool about what they are doing.
I beg to differ. Looks really cool.

Temporary citizens - natural selection at its best.......twits! If only they had respect for the impact they cause on others
I applaud a world in which people are able to celebrate this behavior. Yes it's dangerous. Yes they could get injured or killed, and I'm sure that they are fully aware of this point.

Good on them.

The 'Ooh it's dangerous. Let's get the government to do something about it...' mentality affords politicians the power to dictate rather than govern our actions and we end up with a litigious nanny state. Now I come to think of it...

Boxer

Likes Dirt
I beg to differ. Looks really cool.

I applaud a world in which people are able to celebrate this behavior. Yes it's dangerous. Yes they could get injured or killed, and I'm sure that they are fully aware of this point.

Good on them.

The 'Ooh it's dangerous. Let's get the government to do something about it...' mentality affords politicians the power to dictate rather than govern our actions and we end up with a litigious nanny state. Now I come to think of it...
NO this is completely different. (the juvenvile behaviour of flipping the bird to CCTV cameras goes a long way to explaining the intellect here, they are not doing this for simple recreation and their own satisfaction - they are blatantly trying to be celebrating lawlessness)

Have a look in other threads and you will find I am a proponent of anti-nanny state laws. Each person should be responsible for their own actions and litigation should not be allowed to get the airplay that it currently does. (case in point the well publicised Strava suit - should never have been given consideration to be a valid suit). I loathe the Govt's constant view they need to legislate everything we do, but we need some controls

However what is portrayed here is reckless, completely illegal behaviour in a unsuited arena for their activities that actually impacts others - what of the poor road users that hit these wankers and have to live with killing them?

Sure it can be considered a fine line to walk, but I support Darwinism and think these idiots should be allowed to do whatever they like - just not where-ever they like when it affects others.

rone

Eats Squid
NO this is completely different. (the juvenvile behaviour of flipping the bird to CCTV cameras goes a long way to explaining the intellect here, they are not doing this for simple recreation and their own satisfaction - they are blatantly trying to be celebrating lawlessness)

Have a look in other threads and you will find I am a proponent of anti-nanny state laws. Each person should be responsible for their own actions and litigation should not be allowed to get the airplay that it currently does. (case in point the well publicised Strava suit - should never have been given consideration to be a valid suit). I loathe the Govt's constant view they need to legislate everything we do, but we need some controls

However what is portrayed here is reckless, completely illegal behaviour in a unsuited arena for their activities that actually impacts others - what of the poor road users that hit these wankers and have to live with killing them?

Sure it can be considered a fine line to walk, but I support Darwinism and think these idiots should be allowed to do whatever they like - just not where-ever they like when it affects others.
Fair point.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt

yeah, but i can't look away 8)

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
This is the reason why I'll eventually have to pay rego so I can go ride my bike in the bush by myself :) :)

Marx

Likes Dirt
The camera does compress the perspective a little, but still it’s all about ‘being dangerous’ because everyone else is ‘being safe’ (ie: braking, avoiding, ducking out of the way, looking out for you).

Like to see how Alley Cat races would go if everyone (cars, trucks, peds) ran the lights & drove into approaching traffic.

Take it to the track junkies.