Now What?

Hopper

Likes Dirt
I am finally free! year 12 exams over and just got back from schoolies yesterday. My voice is still farked and had one of the best times of my life but I am still left with the question, What do I do now? I have 3 or so months until I start Uni but I can't spend all that time riding. I am also going to get a job but there will still be a chunk of time where I need somehting to do.

I am thinking of renting a beach house for a week or two and stay down there with some mates and go surfing and just chill out. So I ask you guys, what sort of stuff did you guys do to just relax and celebrate the end of school?

Last edited:

dhd

Downhill Direct
I pretty much just celebrated by getting a job for the next 25 years.......

Binaural

Eats Squid
Road trip, for sure. Get a few friends together and get on the road for a few weeks. Take bikes, or just roam. That's what I did :)

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes yes, no more school for me. I had a weeks accomodation on the Goldy a few minutes away from Cavill Ave which was quite good.
Wake up around 8am and have breakfast, start drinking around 10am and chill in the pool for the rest of the day drinking, making regular trips back to our room for food, beverages etc. Have tea around 8pm, continue drinking. Go out around 10-10:30pm and stay out at the beach parties and what not until aroun 3-4am.
Do that for a week and you will be well and truelly rooted.
After 7 days straight on the piss i had my brothers 21st last Friday night at the Salt bar near Kingscliff ( for anybody who know where that is). I managed to go the night buying piss from the bar underage. ( I figured that while me, my brother and his million rich mates were spending money at the bar and buying a room at Outrigger at salt, they were all too happy to let me stay)
Utter mayhem was cause, there was broken feet, lobby thrashing and the spraying of a fire extinguisher throughout the room ($400 worth of fun).

Cricket has been my saviour for many days, dozing/sleeping in front of the TV has helped me re-cooperate from more than a week of me being drunk every hour i was not asleep.

Now as the year begins to fade i've been job searching and doing a few days a week labouring as a cabinet maker with my causin.

cellardoor

Likes Dirt
You could volunter some time at a non-profit organisation that helps people in need. Or you could sit on your arse and drink with your mates. See if you can squeeze them both into your 3 months. Personaly I get bored if Im not doing anything. So I may as well be working even if Im not getting paid. Although I volunter at a gallery (not really helping people in need as such)

Last edited:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Personally, i'm sort of in the same boat. I just finished Year 12 and I am trying to fill in the time that was normally arranged for us with classes, etc. I have got a traineeship in accounting that I start in February and I will be doing part-time Uni at the same time. Since I finished Year 12 I have just been working part-time for my Dad, getting right back into riding the bike (study chewed up a fair bit of riding time), going down to the local footy oval and just having a kick and mucking around with mates.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do some volunteer work a couple of days a week. Helping others whilst helping yourself (by padding our resume). Good time of year for opportunities to work voluntarily. Tou'll save money, your liver and you can balance your time between helping others in the community and helping yourself to another beer