Frame: Nox Edf 6.7 large 160mm travel
Shock: rockshox monarch plus rc3 LL tune
Fork: manitou mattoc pro 160mm
Handlebars: Easton havoc carbon 750mm
Stem: spank oozy 50mm
Headset: cane creek 40 series
Grips: norco - half waffle
Saddle: SLR carbon base/rails
Seatpost: Thompson elite 30.9 Never using a dropper bro!!!
Seatclamp: straightline
Front Brake: shimano xtr trail
Rear Brake: shimano xtr race
Discs: 180mm ice tech
Crank: race face Altas AM 175mm - too damn long
Chainring: blackburn NW 34t
Chain device: E13 xcx
Bottom bracket: shimano xtr
Pedals: Canfield mags
Rear Derailleur: xt 9spd
Rear Shifter: shimano Deore
Cassette: xt 11-32
Chain: xt/ultegra
Wheels: 27.5 spank oozy 295 tubeless
Tyres: Michelin wild "squirrel" grip'r 2.35
Weight: 12.7kg - built up lighter than I thought, but everything is superlight but strong.

Excuse the iPhone pics

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Thank you for buynig that, JR, I almost did...and knew it wooda been too big....but wanted anyway...

Weight seems a little had to fathom though. Nice bike either way :thumb:

jrewing

Eats Squid
Thank you for buynig that, JR, I almost did...and knew it wooda been too big....but wanted anyway...

Weight seems a little had to fathom though. Nice bike either way :thumb:
Yeah it's long. Weight is easy. No dropper, seat is 110g, wheels are light, front wheel needed no sealant, and the deal sealer - 3 rotor bolts.
I'll whack it on shop scales, but mine are always the same.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Ha. Cheers mate. I love my timber floors. My stairs are beautiful too and feel so nice barefooted. If the house ever catches fire.......:tape2:
You can't post that without pics, love me a good timber staircase too.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah it's long. Weight is easy. No dropper, seat is 110g, wheels are light, front wheel needed no sealant, and the deal sealer - 3 rotor bolts.
I'll whack it on shop scales, but mine are always the same.
Seat pole length was the issue. Anything over 19.5" and my bitty legs can't reach the pedals on full 5" dropper lift.
No dropper on a bike like this these days makes my mind boggle, but enjoy. They are a sweeeet ride by all accounts. Keen to hear how you like the mattocs. I've always had a manitou soft spot.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Seat pole length was the issue. Anything over 19.5" and my bitty legs can't reach the pedals on full 5" dropper lift.
No dropper on a bike like this these days makes my mind boggle, but enjoy. They are a sweeeet ride by all accounts. Keen to hear how you like the mattocs. I've always had a manitou soft spot.
30.0 seat post diameter wouldn't help with the dropper issue too.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I'm 6'1. Wouldn't want it any longer. 650b wheels definitely feel bigger, can't imagine what wagon wheels feel like.
Manitou is quality these days. Just need the black uppers. Would've liked 20mm but the hex axle theory makes sense.
Moorey I still run 9spd too and was hesitant of big wheels

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
It's a 30.9 seat tube. I've dodged it with a shim made from an energy drink.:ban:
Interesting idea............Shirley you can afford a correct sized post now with the profits from the bidding war on yer stem. I'd give you my spare, but you'd have to fight moorey's mate for it, then moorey's son for it..........

moorey

call me Mia
I'm 6'1. Wouldn't want it any longer. 650b wheels definitely feel bigger, can't imagine what wagon wheels feel like.
Manitou is quality these days. Just need the black uppers. Would've liked 20mm but the hex axle theory makes sense.
Moorey I still run 9spd too and was hesitant of big wheels
Long is good. I'm sized for small, but most mediums still feel too short. Good Manitou have always been good...and nothing wrong with 9x, but please clutch it...I don't want my frame getting chain slap damage.
27.5" can blow me. Tried it for a fortnight on the spitty, then went back 26 and couldn't be happier.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Did you get a new potato to take the pictures with?
Don't be a hater bro... Don't even know what the potato means.

Moorey... If it rides ok, like my old bike, I'll skip the clutch. The xcx was all I needed and a short tight chain.
Really didn't know they did 9spd clutches.

slowmick

38-39"
Schweet looking bike and nice spec list. i need to spend more time on the computer as i have never heard of Nox. Happy with how she rides?

jrewing

Eats Squid
Schweet looking bike and nice spec list. i need to spend more time on the computer as i have never heard of Nox. Happy with how she rides?
Fast bike... bloody long so im adapting to that coming from a shorter bike. Got to get use to the steeper seat angle. the suspension and bigger wheels fly through stuff, up and down. Cant wait to get to a fast track. Very good geometry.I rate those Michelins too.

I think i need a dropper:tape2: