NS Bikes issues voluntary recall of 2009 forks

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
Thought people on this site could benifit from this....... (found on pinkbike)

We have found that there is a problem in our forks that presents a serious safety issue. It may effect both the '09 RNS and the '09 Fundamental forks. Consumers with these forks must stop using them immediately and contact the company that sold the fork to them to receive further instructions.

We have determined that there is a potential for the steer tube to fail due to a possible fault in the heat treating process. This is not an inherent design fault, but a problem with the manufacturing and it is impossible to judge which forks are effected until they break. As we had almost no problems with the 2008 models, we would like to keep our good name and minimize risk for our customers. We are very sorry for any inconveniences that this may cause.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to hear they have jumpd onto this and not let it slip. Impressed NS =]
Yeah, me too. But think about it, of course they did it. How bad would it look if alot of the forks failed, and it got out that NS had known about it?

scoobydid

Likes Dirt
Yeah, me too. But think about it, of course they did it. How bad would it look if alot of the forks failed, and it got out that NS had known about it?
Yeah, does the word litigation come to mind. They'd be ass-raped if they knew of a fault but failed to issue a product recall.
I think any decent sized business would have to comply or otherwise risk a pretty hefty penalty.

patto94

Likes Dirt
But how did they figure out the fault of the forks. And whos fault in the process of the making of the forks was it.
But it is good to know that they are doing domething about it before some one getes hurt and wants a refund.