NS leg eaters for DH ? any other suggestion on good DH pedals?

flyracing

Likes Dirt
Lots of threads on this mate, just use the search button. Legeaters would fine for DH but I would use other pedals.

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
I can see why you couldnt run them.I havnt had experiences with these pedals but they look like they would have plenty of grip.Just have a look on ns website and check out how much they weigh as well

adman

Likes Dirt
Pedal threads should be locked! Far out.

Search pedals in the forums search and you will have no end of these useless threads.

Andrew_D

Likes Bikes
i have a pair of NS Legeaters for downhill. they have excellent grip and my foot has never fallen off the pedal since i got them. With my old pedals my foot used to fall off all the time. NS Legeaters are a good pedal but there are other good pedals out there. Choose the ones you like the most because there are quite alot of good pedals out there

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Leg eaters are good, i run them and have been for a few years, But I do like the look of those new Twenty6 Pedals Rouler is doing.:rolleyes:

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not bad........ run some longer pins on the edges for sweet grip.

Cough.......I have some for sale at the moment..........Cough

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
Average to above average. They do the job but I personally wouldn't buy them again. Of note is that they are freakin horrendous in he mud, they clog up something fierce and are a royal pain to clean.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
leg eaters are pretty fat, depends what you like. I dig my DMR v12's. Funn solejams are good too if you like REALLY stick pedals, or shimano dx are meant to be pretty stong.

nskz

Likes Dirt
I just bought a set of these (Deity Decoy), seem pretty sweet so far. Light and super thin which I dig, not sure how ultimately bomb proof they are though. The Twenty6 pedals also look awesome but i'm not sure if anyone has seen the price....holy....shit!

scorpia26

Likes Bikes
Ns Legeatters a good grippy pedals. My mate uses then but stated above, yes they are a pain to clean when it gets muddy.

Im currently using some Deity Decoy pedals on my Dh1 and they are doing me fine :D

Disco

Likes Dirt
DMR V8/12s are fine... if you've got tiny feet. Very tough body however.

1) Shimano DX.
- Enough said.

...but just because this is the internet, gosh!

2) Odyssey Trailmix.
- Sealed & Unsealed options
- Generally lots of colors available.
- Really open profile like DX, doesnt pick up lots of crud, easy to clean.

3) Truvativ Holzfeller.
- No outside cap to smash is a nice touch; good for maintenance.
- Super surgical pins however.
- Slightly smaller body than the Trailmix or DX.

*Note: DX do run grub screw pins; the other two do not. For this reason, i advise not running them on your wednesday street session and try to bust out pedal grinds. You will only bust your balls trying to replace the pins later.

heck, were not talking street pedals here, but it doesnt mean people wont still try.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Straitlines or Funn Souljams + 5-10's = Almost clip-ins without the clips
Wellgo MG1s = Still pretty grippy and super light

The NS legeaters are also good though. Lots of big pins and nice big platform.

Those are my choices of pedals.

Last edited: