NS legeaters or Straitline pedals

Hey guys,
you guys no what pedal is better, i was looking at the blue NS legeater or the jeff lenosky green version of the straitline, ive got lots of blue components though. And i ride downhill
thankyou in advance peeps

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
you guys no what pedal is better, i was looking at the blue NS legeater or the jeff lenosky green version of the straitline, ive got lots of blue components though. And i ride downhill
Aye man, i just recently bought a pair of the lenosky straightlines and i can say they are awsome. They get a big thumbs up in my book, such a big platform. Sooo grippy and very sharp pins.
I'd go the straightlines
cheers
Jack

twc

Likes Dirt
straightlines

hey man,
id either go for v8/12 or defidently straightlines
cheers, tom

taibo

Eats Squid
hey man,
id either go for v8/12 or defidently straightlines
cheers, tom
he asked straightline or NS...did i miss something?

ive owned both...the straightlines are better

Last edited:

bethextrem1

Likes Dirt
I've got NS legeaters and they feel awsome they've lasted a long time & been smashed, very good pedal.

Saying that I'm buying a set of straitline pedals this week:D

Nothing wrong with the NS's they'll go on another bike:)

csd

Likes Dirt
I love my Straitlines - huge platform, low profile and grippy as anything even without all the pins. I would definitely recommend them to anyone :)

i have legeaters and love them, feet haven't slipped once on them. but in saying that ive never used the straightlines so cant comment there. Weigh up the cost difference, and either way you will be getting a decent pedal.

though, have you considered solejams? you can pick up a set for $100 and they are very good as well.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
Just get different coloured straightlines then, the only difference between the jeff lenosky ones and the stock ones is colour.

My straightlines are awesome pedal, grippiest ive ever tried. Comes with killer pins.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah Tuppers right if colour is an issue Straightlines come in plenty of
colours. I have Legeaters on my hardtail and they serve they're purpose
well on that but for the rougher stuff I lost traction a lot, now I have
Straitlines on my dual sus and have never lost traction even in the
gnarliest of situations. Just be careful of the pins they're little daggers
waiting to send to the doc for a stich-up

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think that it would be geat if this was polled!

NS, Straitline and Other. then explain.

I would say that Straitline though. They boast perfection and I have heard that little to nostories of their stuff failing on anybody.
They also look insanely sex.

I have fireeye grills and they are excellent pedals. Touch heavy but nothing noticable. Look equally sex as the straitlines too!

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
he asked straightline or NS...did i miss something?

ive owned both...the straightlines are better
You missed the part where you felt it necessary to flame the innocent person offering advise as to an alternative pedal. Clearly from reading the original post you can see that the person (no offense) is a junior and may not have yet opened up to many options of what components are out there.

Damn, I'm going to go and say that V12s are good, but the Straightlines' are better in my opinion, it depends though, do you ride with shin pads? Might be a consideration as my shins are messed up only after a few unprotected hits from the 'lines. However the fact that the others you're currently considering are called Legeaters, I'd be careful with those too. The V12s are not too expensive and wont destroy you if you slip off and have an intimate encounter plus they offer enough grip for most situations if you have long enough pins. A few colour choices too I believe.

For a truly safe ride though I usually go Straightlines + 5-10s (invincible, bring on the mud) and shin guards, just in case..