NS Trailmaster Rims...pg3 for riders impressions...HAVE PROBLEMS!!

hartss

Likes Dirt
i took out the grease so it was loud, but not as loud as the rotary with quite a bit of grease in it......mine was an 06 so yer it might have changed.
with radially spoking the wheel it wouldnt be lighter becuase there is the same about of spokes and ive never seen it on a dirt jump 26" bike, only on race BMX but having said that i dont know much about radial spoking.......i'd decently recommend the rotary as well as buying through Ribbed, they are very helpfully, i think i talked to chris about hubs late last rear and he told me what he thought and what was best for money. really honest to.
yer the purple hubs on white rims with painted purple nipples would look hot, just dont go over the top with the bar and stem have one of them black or white and one purple.
Yes they have changed then :D. At the moment its a difference in about $150 between the two DMR hubs on CRC.

Yes ill be buying a rotary but for the front, the non disc one. Radially lacing is only slightly lighter because of shorter spokes, but any rotating weight (especially on the front) makes a big difference i find between pivoting/360s etc. I feel the difference between running Maxxis DH tubes (430g) and Maxxis Flyweights (130g). So any minute amount lost is a good thing for me.

As for stem and bars, i was thinking of keeping the Hussefelt stem as it is a much lighter stem then most, and getting some purple bars.

cheers for your input mate, much appreciated :D

hartss

Likes Dirt
well the rim is here and will be getting laced this weekend/early next week :D

First impressions are very good and the paint (i have white) is very chip/scratch resistant. I have tried with a screwdriver in the inside and it takes quite a bit of effort. Too many stickers so i have removed two and kept the one big NSbikes sticker.

Once laced and ridden on i will reply again. Cheers

hartss

Likes Dirt
Well after many rides this rim is going fine, has had its first true after the build to retension the spokes. What an awesome wheel for the weight though! Feels as stiff as an MTX but as light as a Rhynolite XL.

I have done a little bit of DH, a days worth of 4x, alot of huck to flats, street (staircases, 360s etc) and general commuting in between. Even when riding on loose spokes (before retentioning) this rim felt very nice.

Very nice rim, dont let the no eyelets and sleeving scare you. I am buying another for the front as soon as i get my money together for a new hub/spokes/rim/nipples combo. :D

hartss

Likes Dirt
well after about 2 months worth of riding this rim is starting to look pretty sad.

I have had the nipple start to come through the rim. Around most nipples there are large stress marks. Trying to sort out warranty issues with Rouler Imports at the moment. Will see how it comes out but i would hold off buying them and go for something a little less pimp and stronger ;).

wish me luck...

hartss

Likes Dirt
I told you so on Hucktoflat lol.
haha SHHHHHHHhhhhh :p

Na i think i will try some rhynolite XLs or something and get them sprayed white. This will mean new spokes again though (there goes another $150!!). Might as well do front and rear rims then.

But i will check out the dartmoor ones weightwise.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no eylets is never going to be a good idea!

sun rims ftw

most other rims seem copy them anyway

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Dartmoor weights:

trixxie: 548g, im personally running these without any issues, thus far only 1 has been killed at 60kmph on a downhill course into a rock.
raider: 570g ( a 2010 rim in 32H said 540g, but I want to check this in the new order) by far the most popular.
fortress: 650g, very strong, seems to cope less dents than the mavic comparison.

blizzard: 800g+ mega beef. Ask Tommy D.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
rhyno lite xl, they didnt invent the wheel it but they made one of the best versions of it, any fool can make a round peice of metal with holes in it and call it a rim, but there are an awefull amount of almost direct copys of rhyno lites, but the rhyno lites are still lighter and stronger then most of the copys

meh i dont feel like arguing, sun wins :)

(tho i'm interested to see what crank bros go like)

hartss

Likes Dirt
Rhythm imports themselves have some up to the party. They are sending me a replacement rim for free. They have also stated that there has been no simular problems so maybe mine is just a one-off.

My mate also suggested running some Atomlab nipples as they have a bigger 'head' which will make it harder to pull through the wheel. Im goin to buy some and give this a shot as the atomlab rims also run no sleeves and warranty their rims ONLY with these nipples.

Lets see how this works ;D

hartss

Likes Dirt
yer well i have kept riding my back one just to see what will happen. It has gone everywhere, way off true! :D

Rhythm imports did tell me that i was the only one with this problem. By any chance what nipples did you use???

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
yer well i have kept riding my back one just to see what will happen. It has gone everywhere, way off true! :D

Rhythm imports did tell me that i was the only one with this problem. By any chance what nipples did you use???
probably a poor wheelbuild.