NSW All Mountain Race #5 - HMBA at Paterson

dcrofty

Eats Squid
How was it. I had to work in the end so couldn't go, pretty upset about that but not a lot I could do. Next time...

fimpBIKES

Likes Dirt
had a great time out there today
unfortunately my powerplant wasnt up to the req pedalling
cant wait for the next one though! thanks to all involved :bolt:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Thanks to all of the racers who turned up today, we had almost 70 competitors line up and have a go which is an excellent turn out for an event that is still in it's infancy. If you enjoyed this format of racing make sure you keep an eye out early next year as the State Champs are scheduled to run in early January 2013, your attendance at these events ensures the future viability of this branch of our sport.

To those who are interested here is a link to the race results http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...-All-Mountain-Race-5-HMBA-at-Paterson-RESULTS and final series rankings below.

Attachments

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
f%$KING PEDAL BUTLER!
Gee that shot would have been as rare as hens teeth (not). I don't look too stuffed by then, it must have been just after the start. Definately not after vomit log, which all I can remember was the sausage sambo that Robbie cooked up for me sitting in my throat till I saw that sweet sight of Kiwi Crazy Pants holding up that Can of Tooheys New to get me to the finish line. A great way to show me how unfit I am, but still had a ball.

Shame you pulled that Heart muscle, hope you are recovering, suppose it will be a long recovery for someone of your age. Looking forward to racing in the Fossil class next year against you.

Thanks for everyone for turning up and making all the work worth while, thanks to Micheal, Mark, Coleen, Steve, Keith, Joel, Dean, Dallas, Pat, Loch, Phil and my right hand bunting person Holly for the help and letting me ride. Shame we couldn't change the date so Big Phil and "Ride like a girl Belinda" could make cause you were both missed.

Bring on next year with the great Rocky Trails orgainistion it is going to be awesome. Hopefully we will be able use the whole hill and get rid of Vomit log at the bottom. If anyone is keen to help out to do track work give us a yell and I'll orgainise it with the property owner.

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
I fogot to add gees thats a nice bike
It is a lovely bike, I remember when you first got it back in 1989.

It's a shame you don't know how to shift into the BIG RING though. That number plate strapped to the front of your bike generally means your racing...............young people these days.

The track was also FANTASTIC! Just wish I had a better day to enjoy it. I seriously didn't think we were going to be able to pull the trailer & bikes up to the top , that mountain/hill makes Ourimbah look flat! The Hunter MBC needs to be applauded for their efforts.

Between Stromlo, Ourimbah, Patterson & hopefully Kempsey, we should have a fantastic AM series next year.
Really looking forward to not doing it on XC bike :)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
wow i've been looking for an event just like this to give it a go.... how the blardy heck did i miss it???

how did the average punter go who's never raced before?

shannon23455

Likes Dirt
wow i've been looking for an event just like this to give it a go.... how the blardy heck did i miss it???

I've never raced before mate and I had a blast. Not the fittest going around but I had a great time. Give it a go next time. Guarantee you'll have fun.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Between Stromlo, Ourimbah, Patterson & hopefully Kempsey, we should have a fantastic AM series next year.
Really looking forward to not doing it on XC bike :)

What about a summer series, Ourimbah, Paterson, Taree, Kempsey. We could make it a clubs contest. CCOMTB, HMBA, MGLTIP, KMORC. I'd suggest a twlight type race, practice starts 12 (offically) race runs at 5 and 7 perhaps on a Saturday.

Gravityfreak

Likes Dirt
What about a summer series, Ourimbah, Paterson, Taree, Kempsey. We could make it a clubs contest. CCOMTB, HMBA, MGLTIP, KMORC. I'd suggest a twlight type race, practice starts 12 (offically) race runs at 5 and 7 perhaps on a Saturday.
Would be nice but the races we had were so poorly supported that if there isn't a good turn out at the first round next January - there won't even be a series next year.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes

Mate if you good at giving out a bit crap to the bloke in the gate or down the track and cop it back, then this is the race for you.

Apparently I didn't even pedal down the track and Rizzo only beat me by a couple of seconds.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Do we know where and the Date of the first race ?:target:
My suggestion is to start at the south and finish north. Ourimbah first late January and every 3 weeks with a final at Kempsey. Not that I am bias but there's the Kempsey Golf club house to have dinner and a presentation at after the race where you park your car. We do something similar between Grafton to Taree and out to Armidale on the North Coast and there is an average of 100+ riders for XC series.
Now being bias I've done a lot of the tracks in the series (missed Nowra sorry) and the All Mountain tracks at Taree and Kempsey will offer you a difference that I haven't seen yet in the tracks.