NSW DH races 2013

Earlysport

Likes Bikes
Hi all

I'm looking to compete (for fun) in some DH races within driving distance of Sydney this year, but I'm struggling to find any info.

Can I ask for posts below with location, race dates if known, and entry fees/requirements?

Cheers.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best place to start is get mtba membership and join up with a Club from the selected list (doesnt really matter too much which one, but ideally the one that you are going to race with the most)

Once you have mtba membership you can race at any event. Keep an eye on the club websites as most havent released their club calenders yet (Central Coast Ourimbah, Hunter Mountain Bike or Western Sydney MTB) - theyre the clubs that hold most of the races close to Sydney.

Hopefully clubs will put up their 2013 dates soon. I can't speak for the Sydney clubs but the Hunter Mountain bike club DH races should be on by the end of January so it shouldn't be too much longer until dates are made. The Awaba track is about 1.5 hours up the freeway, so is a bit of a trek from Sydney but well worth the drive!
If you are interested in getting a 12 month license then you should head over to MTBA (http://www.mtba.asn.au/join). This will save you having to organise a day license at each event as well as other benefits, but will set you back about $100.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Fun...don't do the states. Too much sitting around waiting. Just do clubbies. One day and your done with heaps of runs. Awaba- hmba club pump it out and is my fave. Wsmtb at del rio is fun. Ccomtb is ok but the track is flattish.
Don't run single ply tyres...

I'll come with you. Leave nice an early in ya m6( car version) and we'll go the old road to em... Sounds good to me!