NSW Help

Chromatic

Cannon Fodder
And have your parents lose the points/pay the fine for you?

take some responsibility for your actions mate :)
LOL, 3 month suspension + 4 demerit points + bigger fine..... orrrrrr... vouch for me, 1 demerit point (out of 12 btw), and smaller fine... ???

But yea i see where u r coming from

sich nich

Likes Dirt
1) If you make an exemption to drive a prohibited vehicle, how long will it take for the RTA to approve/disprove it? I handed the form in last friday.
I've not seen the rule book for this, but my guess would be that you shouldn't be driving the prohibited vehicle before you hear back from the RTA.

Way to draw police attention to yourself too, driving a P plate prohibited vehicle with the P plates on it.:p

LOL, 3 month suspension + 4 demerit points + bigger fine..... orrrrrr... vouch for me, 1 demerit point (out of 12 btw), and smaller fine... ???
You'll be doing the washing up and mowing the lawn for next few months if they bail you out hey.

This new 4kmh thing is abit shit. So is the mobile speed camera thing.
Good luck with it.

Chromatic

Cannon Fodder
I've not seen the rule book for this, but my guess would be that you shouldn't be driving the prohibited vehicle before you hear back from the RTA.

Way to draw police attention to yourself too, driving a P plate prohibited vehicle with the P plates on it.:p

You'll be doing the washing up and mowing the lawn for next few months if they bail you out hey.

This new 4kmh thing is abit shit. So is the mobile speed camera thing.
Good luck with it.
Yeah man I got caught the other day driving my Kompressor, which is why I went for the exemption. $430 fine, 7 demerit points and suspension. I'm making an appeal for it though that it was a misunderstanding, and I shoulb be back on the road.

And nah, I wont be mowing the lawn because its only 1 demerit point :) like they care ayy

rone

Eats Squid
So you were speeding in your supercharged Mercedes on your P's and got pinged by the police?

+1 for suck it up and take it like a man. Maybe learn from it.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah man I got caught the other day driving my Kompressor, which is why I went for the exemption. $430 fine, 7 demerit points and suspension. I'm making an appeal for it though that it was a misunderstanding, and I shoulb be back on the road.

And nah, I wont be mowing the lawn because its only 1 demerit point :) like they care ayy
Well that's certainly an attitude that's going to get you far in life. Once daddy's not paying for your merc and your speeding tickets, maybe you'll grow up

Chromatic

Cannon Fodder
So you were speeding in your supercharged Mercedes on your P's and got pinged by the police?

+1 for suck it up and take it like a man. Maybe learn from it.
NO! I wasnt doing anything wrong, and believe it or not, I thought "moderately charged" meant exempt. Thats what im appealing for, and I havent had my licence suspended yet.

I was driving another car today (not supercharged, not intentionally speeding) and thats why I made this thread

tim_d

Likes Dirt
NO! I wasnt doing anything wrong, and believe it or not, I thought "moderately charged" meant exempt. Thats what im appealing for, and I havent had my licence suspended yet.

I was driving another car today (not supercharged, not intentionally speeding) and thats why I made this thread
If you have another car to drive, then I woulda thought they wouldn't give you the exemption?

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt

With that attitude no wonder they were so keen to help;) makes me want to have kids

rone

Eats Squid

As all of your 9 posts have been on this subject, can I ask if you actually own a mountain bike?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As all of your 9 posts have been on this subject, can I ask if you actually own a mountain bike?
I doubt he would. Surely he is only using the mercedes on weekends to cruise for chics, no time for mtbs.

ALL turbo charged / supercharged and V8 cars are banned for red P plates (including turbo volvos). Sell your Kompressor and get a 2002 M3, that will get around the rules (NA V6).

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like your "daddy" doesnt pay for everything, shut up
No, i may only be 17 but i have a job. And aside from food and shelter, i pay for everything, all my bikes, my camera and all my other toys i bought. But you sound like a top bloke anyway

Arete

Likes Dirt

You do realise that not understanding or knowing about a law is not a legitimate reason for disobeying it right? As in not knowing it was illegal to drive the car is not a "misunderstanding" in terms of breaking that law and therefore not a reason for exemption? Same principle as if you get caught speeding because you thought the limit was higher than it actually was. The only way it could be considered a "misunderstanding" is if the officer misidentified the car as being prohibited and it wasn't.

You could get your parents to commit fraud and lie about who was driving for the speeding ticket. However being caught for it - and prosecuted would mean that they would be convicted of a criminal offence. Likelihood is that they wouldn't but my olds/I sure wouldn't do it just so I/my kid could "get off" when they fucked up. Marcus Einfeld learned that one the hard way. (Federal Court judge who said someone else was driving when he got a red light ticket -> got proven he was actually driving -> he got reamed for it)

Realistically I think your only viable course of action is to give the Mercedes to me.

rone

Eats Squid
Realistically I think your only viable course of action is to give the Mercedes to me.
Seems entirely reasonable. It's a shame I need a wagon. Maybe he thinks Rotorburn is something to do with Mazdas.

Last edited: