NSW...new regs on Eeeebbs

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
For those that feel inclined to fiddle with their robot bikes, worth a read on the new regs for NSW...don't know what other states have implemented as I don't ride outside NSW, but feel free to post here if you have similar info for your state...Qld will probably allow gun holsters and 40" light bars to be fitted!
No mention of what the fine structure will be, but i'm sure it won't be cheap

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
For those that feel inclined to fiddle with their robot bikes, worth a read on the new regs for NSW...don't know what other states have implemented as I don't ride outside NSW, but feel free to post here if you have similar info for your state...Qld will probably allow gun holsters and 40" light bars to be fitted!
36"

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I’ve seen quite a few road/hybrid styles ebikes that go uphill with no pedalling input. These rules would make those illegal right or have they always been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Seems like the NSW Regs merely reflect changes made at the Federal government level...based on the 2nd paragraph.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’ve seen quite a few road/hybrid styles ebikes that go uphill with no pedalling input. These rules would make those illegal right or have they always been?

They always have been, but it is poorly enforced. Quite a few years back (way way way before e-bikes were a thing) there was a trend for "vesper" looking e-bikes that were able to accelerate without pedalling. The cops around here were very enthusiastic to pull the riders up and eradicate them from the streets. There seemed a strong link at the time with those vehicles and running drugs.

Saw some kids today on full blown e-dirt bikes. If I was going E...I'd take one of those over the e-mtb.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I saw one of those E Stealth Bomber bikes at Whitebridge, wouldn't like to push it back out of there if the batteries went flat or had issues and it stopped!....it was very quiet though

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I saw one of those E Stealth Bomber bikes at Whitebridge, wouldn't like to push it back out of there if the batteries went flat or had issues and it stopped!....it was very quiet though
Those things are so shit. Seen a few of them around the local trails recently, usually under fat old men. What I saw on Tues+Wed were being ridden by a couple of spoilt teens that usually get around on high spec Santa Cruz and similar.

Did you ever see the dickhead in the yellow van (about 10-15 yeas ago) that used to get around town here pushing the stealth bombers in the early stages? He was the importer or distro or whatever, real obnoxious pushy prick. He cornered me in one of the bike shops one day when I was looking at a new dh rig. His bikes were absolute shit back the , dnm front and rear sort of spec. He was dead certain they had to of the range shit on them. He was an all too early adaptor it seems.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Those things are so shit. Seen a few of them around the local trails recently, usually under fat old men. What I saw on Tues+Wed were being ridden by a couple of spoilt teens that usually get around on high spec Santa Cruz and similar.

Did you ever see the dickhead in the yellow van (about 10-15 yeas ago) that used to get around town here pushing the stealth bombers in the early stages? He was the importer or distro or whatever, real obnoxious pushy prick. He cornered me in one of the bike shops one day when I was looking at a new dh rig. His bikes were absolute shit back the , dnm front and rear sort of spec. He was dead certain they had to of the range shit on them. He was an all too early adaptor it seems.
Pretty sure that guy bought an old pair of Sherman forks from me back in the day, cunt then proceeded to try and leverage some industry contacts I had to get the Stealth Bomber certified for use in underground coal as mine transport... twat.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

Someone in my burb has one, hauls around with one of those cheap and poorly fitted foam helmets you see in Kmart for $30. I’ve seen him at night doing about 70-80km sans lights along the highway. Seems a likely lost my license so this is my work around kind of ebike riders

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Someone in my burb has one, hauls around with one of those cheap and poorly fitted foam helmets you see in Kmart for $30. I’ve seen him at night doing about 70-80km sans lights along the highway. Seems a likely lost my license so this is my work around kind of ebike riders

At least he isn't blasting down your street with a 2 stroke strapped to the frame!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious

leave him be....let evolution do her job!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
At least he isn't blasting down your street with a 2 stroke strapped to the frame!
Nah that’s the family with dirt bikes who like to sit int the garage revving them up then going for a helmet less burn down the bitumen (mono optional) before returning to the garage. Never see them muddy. Not sure where they ride them for purpose.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nah that’s the family with dirt bikes who like to sit int the garage revving them up then going for a helmet less burn down the bitumen (mono optional) before returning to the garage. Never see them muddy. Not sure where they ride them for purpose.

Not sure if they ride them for purpose...

With all the e-bikes out on the weekend (high level of cliche confirmation bias was had!) I was sharing a laugh about that dickhead that was on here for a bit a while ago pushing his home made e-super e-bikes and his promo video of a garage burnout til his tyre popped. Hahahaha!!! Just remembered his theme song.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious

drug running

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The fucking stealth crew...I'm like 58 seconds in and I'm so stoked to see them really giving it some on seismic (shit as is it is) and the new jumps. Pretty sure I've seen some of this crew repping the e-Bike cliche - fa, old, useless.

I got to 2 minutes, can't do anymore of these jerrys. What time is the crash?

Also why does the guy making all the videos have his brake levers set at different angles???

Fuck!!! Why am I in the e-Bike part of the forum???? Fucking hell.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
The fucking stealth crew...I'm like 58 seconds in and I'm so stoked to see them really giving it some on seismic (shit as is it is) and the new jumps. Pretty sure I've seen some of this crew repping the e-Bike cliche - fa, old, useless.

I got to 2 minutes, can't do anymore of these jerrys. What time is the crash?

Also why does the guy making all the videos have his brake levers set at different angles???

Fuck!!! Why am I in the e-Bike part of the forum???? Fucking hell.
go up to 4:50...these guys really are a bunch of spastics, great cornering skills too
Can't see the point of buying an unrestricted electric bike if you never exceed 11Kph!