NSW rollercoaster series 2016

jp80

Likes Bikes
I don't see a thread on this season's races... if it exists, feel free to boot this!

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the Thredbo round will only use the flow track? Or will the AM trail also make an appearance?

Thanks in advance,

JP

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't see a thread on this season's races... if it exists, feel free to boot this!

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the Thredbo round will only use the flow track? Or will the AM trail also make an appearance?

Thanks in advance,

JP
I've just had a scan back through their newsletters as I read something about Thredbo. It mentioned that they would be using the brand new flow trail. Now the flow has been updated pretty significantly from last year so maybe they mean the flow. Or it could mean the all mountain as that is NEW. It seems to me like they will have to use both. Maybe Flow top to bottom then cut the AM in half and do the top and bottom as separate runs maybe? That would be pretty cool I think and give them the stated 3 runs.

Shibuya vert1.jpg

Cheers Scott.

Jona

Squid

Thanks in advance,

JP

Does anybody know if full face helmets are mandatory for these races?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Going to do some of these . Have not yet ridden Ourimbah . To anyone that has done these - is it all gravity based or just like riding a normal trail with natural features ?

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Slight change of plans for the Thredbo round: we are not allowed to race on the AM track this year so it will be 2 runs on the Flow trail. The AM will be open so you can ride it but it won' be part of the racetrack.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
oh shoot. Well, if the lift pass deal is still on for Friday/Sunday it's a perfect chance to go hell for leather down the AM track anyway.

Hoping things all work toward a Thredbo trip again, last year was a blast. I think I'll bring a helmet with a chin bar, even though it's not necessary. Thredbo gets mighty speedy! And I'm old.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
My first enduro done . Like the format , Ourimbah was great but the rider not so much today . First run was great then made a stupid mistake on the second one by going the wrong way ( yes I really did ) and the third track was a silly little fall resulting in a front flat , did not do a re run as I did not want to go back up the hill again but in hindsight i should have seeing as though it put me last . Had a good time anyway and learnt a lot so hopefully the next one goes smoother .

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
My first enduro done . Like the format , Ourimbah was great but the rider not so much today . First run was great then made a stupid mistake on the second one by going the wrong way ( yes I really did ) and the third track was a silly little fall resulting in a front flat , did not do a re run as I did not want to go back up the hill again but in hindsight i should have seeing as though it put me last . Had a good time anyway and learnt a lot so hopefully the next one goes smoother .
super fun day out there on the bikes again, thanks Rockytrail! nice work with the format changes!

willsy01

Eats Squid
Yeah, tops day. My first raceday experience. Wasn't up to racing, but had an ace time watching/marshalling (I was the bloke in the blue tshirt standing on the switchbacks on the Fox track near that big tree root).

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Yeah, tops day. My first raceday experience. Wasn't up to racing, but had an ace time watching/marshalling (I was the bloke in the blue tshirt standing on the switchbacks on the Fox track near that big tree root).
Ha ha. I could hardly see anything/one not on the track.

Thanks for marshalling, very much appreciated. Everyone involved in putting on grassroots days like that doesn't get told enough it's appreciated but I know every rider is grateful

willsy01

Eats Squid
It was only a last minute thing, happy to help though.

The only thing identifying me as a marshall was the radio in my hand and a plate on the front of my bike. The amount of people that thought I was a competitor and yelled out asking if I was OK was heartening.

I'm really surprised (and impressed more so) no one came to grief on that tree root. It's a nasty one.

Last edited:

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
Slight change of plans for the Thredbo round: we are not allowed to race on the AM track this year so it will be 2 runs on the Flow trail. The AM will be open so you can ride it but it won' be part of the racetrack.
Any chance of using the bottom more tame part of the DH track? I rode that with ease on the 140mm Trance and I'm as gumby as they get.

JP

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Any chance of using the bottom more tame part of the DH track? I rode that with ease on the 140mm Trance and I'm as gumby as they get.

JP
Downhill practice will be all day on the DH track so we won't be able to use it. RedAss DH round is on Sunday after the Rollercoaster - big weekend of gravity fun in Thredbo.