NSW State XC Championships

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
SCUM and NSW MTB are hosting the NSW State XC Champs on August 28, 2011.

Just getting this out there as soon as possible, more details to come as we get it all together but; the track will be fun and challenging.

As this is also part of the SCUM club series we encourage all riders to come along. There will be for everyone, so bring the family.

Online entries are open now on the MTBA site

As per the last 2 years the planned schedule for the day will be as below, which is also a guide to the categories...

DescriptionGenderMin AgeMax AgeCostRace TimeStart TimeLaps
Elite MaleMale$15.001:30-1:459:00am 5
Elite FemaleFemale$15.001:30-1:45 4
Expert MaleMale$15.001:30-1:45 4
Under 19 MaleMale18$10.001:00-1:15 3
Under 19 FemaleFemale18$10.001:00-1:15 2
Under 17 MaleMale16$10.001:00-1:1511:30am 3
Under 17 FemaleFemale16$10.001:00-1:15 2
Under 15 MaleMale14$10.001:00-1:15 2
Under 15 FemaleFemale14$10.001:00-1:15 2
Under 13 Mixed12$10.00 1 - modified
Veteran MaleMale3039$15.001:15-1:301:30pm 3
Veteran FemaleFemale3039$15.001:15-1:30 3
Master MaleMale4049$15.001:15-1:30 3
Master FemaleFemale4049$15.001:00-1:15 2
Super-Master MaleMale50$15.001:15-1:303
Super-Master FemaleFemale50$15.001:00-1:15 2
Sport Male (Club B Grade)Male$15.001:15-1:30 3
Sport Female (Club B Grade)Female$15.001:00-1:15 2
Club C Grade MaleMale$15.00 2
Club C Grade FemaleFemale$15.00 2
Club D Grade MaleMale$15.00 1
Club D Grade FemaleFemale$15.00 1

Club categories are based on SCUM's normal race categories. Club C and Club B are non championship categories.
Laps will be reviewed and may change on the day, depending on conditions etc

Last edited:

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Fun fun fun!

Even more reason to pay attention during the Husky race...

Any idea on the track length and elevation? Its not too hilly around there, but any details would be sweet....

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
Track length will be around 7.5km... more track info soonish.
Coffee van organised :)

BTW: SCUM will be running a prologue/time trial on the Saturday before the Husky that will include some of Superbowl and Butterfly tracks as a warm-up and sighter for those doing the 100km and something different for the 50km riders.

kilaton

Likes Bikes
nsw state xc

Great to hear that their will be a state champs . Congratulations to everyone who is organising the event . Could not make last years event due to family committments , but will be there this time .Look forward to getting more info , such as entry forms and costs .Was wondering how technical the course is , as have limited ability , have trouble getting on bike sometimes , but am looking forward to this .

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Assuming a 7.5km track, roughly how many laps would the U23 Male and Sport Male categories be expected to do? I havent raced XCO since I was 18 (<3 Enduros/Marathons) but will attempt to rekindle the (virtually non-existant) "speed" for this glorious occaision.

Is this the sort of thing where you get pulled of the track when you get lapped?

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Assuming a 7.5km track, roughly how many laps would the U23 Male and Sport Male categories be expected to do? I havent raced XCO since I was 18 (<3 Enduros/Marathons) but will attempt to rekindle the (virtually non-existant) "speed" for this glorious occaision.

Is this the sort of thing where you get pulled of the track when you get lapped?
Hi Australia

The number of laps depends on the race pace.... the total time run is more the issue.
1. UCI changed the rules cf last years races.​
[h=1]UCI publishes advance release of 2011 MTB rules[/h]
The UCI have published advance notice of the new UCI Mountain Bike Regulations that will come into force on 1[SUP]st[/SUP] January 2011.​

Key changes are:​
CROSS-COUNTRY EVENTS​
§ 1 Race characteristics​
Cross-country Olympic – XCO​

4.2.001 The duration of cross-country Olympic format races must lie within the following ranges or as close as​
possible to them (in hours and minutes).​

Minimum Maximum​
Junior Men 1.00 1.15​
Junior Women 1.00 1.15​
Under 23 Men 1.15 1.30​
Under 23 Women 1.15 1.30​
Elite Men 1.30 1.45​
Elite Women 1.30 1.45​
Masters Men 1.15 1.30​
Masters Women 1.15 1.30

2. Here are all the rules as per UCI which MTBA is using:
http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/g...bjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NjU0MTU&LangId=1

3. Yep if your lapped your pulled out, but that's not likely young fella..​

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
The number of laps depends on the race pace.... the total time run is more the issue.
see table in the initial post for target times/category... will update with targets laps/category once the track is fully sorted.

3. Yep if your lapped your pulled out, but that's not likely young fella..[/INDENT]
One of the side benefits of longer laps is a reduced chance of being lapped... part of the the cunning plan you see

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmmm Sport Men is far more appealing than U23 men because of that 1:30pm start time. It seems far more compatible with the 21st birthday invitation I just recieved for the night before and the accompanying hangover:rolleyes:

Any chance of an XCC or XC Eliminator being run on the same weekend? (a la a World Cup Round?)

-Andrew

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just updated table in first post with race categories and entry info

Page 1
:O what happened to the U23 category? surely we ought to have it because they also race it at the World Cup level.

Also, what does B and C are not C'ship categories mean? thats just curiosity on my part.

Last edited:

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
@Australia - do you train as much as you ask curious questions? If so, I reckon you should worry less about U23 and just enter Elite. You'll kill it!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
:O what happened to the U23 category? surely we ought to have it because they also race it at the World Cup level.
Cause there aren't that many and the ones that are fast are happy to race 'elite'

Also, what does B and C are not C'ship categories mean? thats just curiosity on my part.
SCUM are holding a club round at the same time, so if you don't want to race the elite or age class you can race a standard club grade.

@Australia - do you train as much as you ask curious questions? If so, I reckon you should worry less about U23 and just enter Elite. You'll kill it!
ROLF

kilaton

Likes Bikes
nsw champs

saw the program for the champs , was wondering about the length of the track . noticed that super masters were doing 2 laps , so was wondering about length .

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
saw the program for the champs , was wondering about the length of the track . noticed that super masters were doing 2 laps , so was wondering about length .
track length @ 7.5km. Laps/category are estimates as a guide and may change as we get closer. The aim is to get the the race time, as shown in the list in the first post. From past experience I'm thinking that Super Masters will be doing the same laps as the Masters.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I trained for half as much time as I spent on Rotorburn I'd probably win a bike race occaisionally (even just one would be cool:D)

Cause there aren't that many and the ones that are fast are happy to race 'elite'
Fast U/23 Guys??? Why are they letting down the team? We have a reputation to uphold as binge drinking, over-sexualised at a young age, violent video game playing, anti social, obesity epidemic suffering, lazy, unemployed miserable excuses for human beings a.ka. Gen Y'ers. (though I'm prepared to concede I'm not exactly flying the Gen Y flag very well either)

I like the sound of D Class, its only 1 lap so it is impossible to get lapped out!

On a more serious note, do expert men get lapped out when they are passed by the first placed elite male or not until they are passed by the first placed expert male. There is no way I can lose less than 20 minutes to Joshua Carlson over 35kms. But I can probably stay clear of whoever the quick expert guys are by 24mins over 28kms, and avoid getting lapped out if that is the case.

Can I ride expert in the morning and Sport in the afternoon? Its a long drive to be on the bike for 1:45 minutes of riding.