NSW - Stolen : Rocky Mountain 790 MSL Altitude Rally Edition

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Brazen thief stole this from Belrose Bicycles today in broad daylight. It's the owners own bike he built up for a whistler trip in 8 weeks. Trying to get word around.....

ONE OF A KIND IN AUSTRALIA

Rocky Mountain 790 MSL rally edition
Enve M70 wheels
Fox Float x
Fox 36 kashima with yellow green colourway
Race face next SL yellow cranks
Raceface 35mm carbon bar yellow
SRAM X01 black with KMC black chain
SRAM guide brakes in black.
Reverb stealth

Will update with specs as it comes to hand. Expect it's either ice addicts or some very foolish rider. Hope it's not the latter, but keep an eye out for parts with these colours.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
This always makes me sad..... You just know this beautiful creature will either be parted (if a targeted steal) or sold stupid cheap after a rattle can paint job to a loser that has no idea what he just bought.

D_Nine

Sucks big time. Hope they come to their senses and organise to return it.Will spread the word.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Details are sketchy at this point, but bike and suspect were seen boarding a forest bus ways service in the area.... Didn't even have a getaway vehicle, so seems more like crime of opportunity. Video evidence from bus company is being looked into.

Yeah, that's cold.

Had the notification shared on my FB wall & totally felt gutted for the dude. There really are people in this world who need to have their hands broken.

will2

Likes Dirt
Details are sketchy at this point, but bike and suspect were seen boarding a forest bus ways service in the area.... Didn't even have a getaway vehicle, so seems more like crime of opportunity. Video evidence from bus company is being looked into.
That's shit! Good luck trying to get camera footage off a Forest bus. One of my mates was mugged on one of them, went to company with police to get footage and it wasn't on at the time.
This was 3 years ago, so hopefully the Forry boys have changed their attitude. Keeping eyes peeled in Balgowlah.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
For those not on FB,

Adrian got word the bike was in the vicinity of chatswood station, so staked it out and low and behold, said muppet came past of it and he laid him out!

Citizens arrest and the boys in blue came and took him away. Bike back in the hands of its rightful owner and vigilante justice served!

Old mate was even wearing SPD's

Minlak

custom titis
That's not a little crime either value wise it should be dealt with fairly seriously. I will bet the guy has a mental issue that comes up in court. I mean he clearly wanted it for himself and not profit. Probably doesn't even realise what he took. Would love to hear the final washout though.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
That's not a little crime either value wise it should be dealt with fairly seriously. I will bet the guy has a mental issue that comes up in court. I mean he clearly wanted it for himself and not profit. Probably doesn't even realise what he took. Would love to hear the final washout though.
Looking at his knee's and the fact he had SPD's, I suspect he knew exactly what he had.

The mystery is why oh why would you go riding a bike THAT loud and distinctive right after it was stolen?

See kids, drugs are bad Mkkk?

Glad the bike is back with the owner, thank god these muppets are far from criminal geniuses.

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe, just maybe, he bought if from the thief. It's unlikely, but would explain why he was so brazen riding it around. :noidea:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Maybe, just maybe, he bought if from the thief. It's unlikely, but would explain why he was so brazen riding it around. :noidea:
Unless he paid big $$$$ then surely he'd would have know it was stolen?!.

If you know anything about bikes, one look would tell you that you're into big $$$$ bracket.

Then again, we can speculate all day, but maybe he didn't know!?

As much a having sometime stolen is a ball ache and makes my guts turn, there's a reason I have insurance.

If someone smashed this dude off the stolen bike, they could have potentially cause him serious injury and got himself in some major bother with the law.

Bit like the hero who tackles the armed robber. Sometimes your better off saying fuck it, it's only money and chances are you'll recoup your loss.