[NSW] Your trails need you (and your wheelbarrow) this weekend (Saturday 21 April)!

abevern

Likes Dirt
(Post updated - since last workday was rained out)

Hi All,

I am posting here because many of you may not be aware that there is a regular trail maintenance day in the Royal National Park this weekend. The official thread for it is here.

We've been working on new singletrack for quite some time, and this weekend could see it opened, provided we can get the trail surface laid. For that we need wheelbarrows, and people to push them.
On the bright side, it's all flat to slightly downhill from the dumping site to the work area.

What we need from you
  • 1-3 hours of your Saturday morning
  • sturdy wheelbarrow (optional)

What we can provide
  • Necessary tools
  • Tea/Coffee/Biscuits (usually)
  • Satisfaction of seeing your work turned into something you can ride!

Why should you care?
  • This section of trail has been designed in consultation with NPWS by mountain bikers.
  • This is the first piece of new legal singletrack in the RNP.
  • Show you care - hundreds of riders said they'd be prepared help maintain/build trails in response to the NPWS MTB Strategy
  • Because you can't expect others to do it if you don't.

Please reply to this thread if you can help out. You can PM me your contact details (e.g. mobile phone) and I will SMS you on the day if there are any changes to plans due to weather. Unless it is raining heavily, we're likely to go ahead.

Meeting Point

Royal Office car park on Farnell Ave at 9.00am this Saturday 21 April

Thanks

bev

Last edited:

willsy01

Eats Squid
The forecast isn't very inspiring :(

Saturday 17 March

Summary
Min 19Max 23Rain periods, easing. Sydney area

Cloudy. Areas of rain, easing to the chance of showers in the afternoon. Possible thunderstorms. Light winds tending south to southwesterly up to 30 km/h around dawn.

abevern

Likes Dirt
Rain, meh.

On the bright side with the weather forecast the way it is, no trail-respecting rider will be on their bike.
So why not come make single track history instead?
If you're concerned about the weather, PM me your mobile number and I'll confirm or otherwise the day by 0800 on Saturday.
The rangers are typically a fairly tough bunch, and we've held maintenance days in the wet before. Surprisingly, there's only so wet you can get!

bev

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Wet's the best time for trail work. Sorry I'm stuck in Thredbo, hope you get a good turn out.

abevern

Likes Dirt
Heavy rain overnight and continuing now. Unfortunately, no trail maintenance this morning. Thanks to those who were planning to help out. Hopefully next time...

BIG RUSTY

Likes Dirt
Hey bev I have a wheel barrow let us know when they plan on doing the next trail build day and I will try and get there for it.

and we should catch up for a ride soon as well

Russ

abevern

Likes Dirt
Thanks Russ! Will make sure I pm you when we have the next date.
Note that the next scheduled day will be 21-April - there may be a "catch up" date squeezed in before then depending on availability of rangers etc.

abevern

Likes Dirt
Bump time. I foolishly updated the first post but that doesn't move it up. Your trails people. Assistance would be appreciated (plus it's going to be way too wet to ride the singletrack on Saturday anyway)

abevern

Likes Dirt
All systems Go!

Tomorrow is the day. Weather forecast is looking good for trail work. Would be great to see some new faces.

onyabike

Likes Bikes
Tomorrow is the day. Weather forecast is looking good for trail work. Would be great to see some new faces.
Happy to be a new face and help out tomorrow morning. I haved PM mobile number if needed otherwise I will see you in the morning.