Nwd 10

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gee section sucked because he was in his race kit FFS. Might as well have a number plate on too. So sick of seeing that Pommy git and that stoopid race kit of his.

Kurt Vs section is quiet possibly the best instructional tool Ive ever seen. Simple and effective to show people what to do at speed etc.

Kurt S bombs on that new Faith of his.

McCauls SuperFront & Greg Watts Double Whip Flips are so NEXT LEVEL its not funny. For someone who can barely string 2 words together Cam sure can throw down. I bet you he has that under wraps for a while and has been itching to let it out at comps.

csd

Likes Dirt
The NWD's always seem pretty polished and well put together, but 10 was definitely a step up from 9 which all seemed a bit "samey".

I just wish I could do half of what's on the vid.

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
I liked NWD 10 but it was seriously lacking a good downhill section or two. My favorite part of the movie had to be when Darren Berrecloth rode flat out in the river! How did he ever even think that it was gonna work?

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
I liked NWD 10 but it was seriously lacking a good downhill section or two. My favorite part of the movie had to be when Darren Berrecloth rode flat out in the river! How did he ever even think that it was gonna work?
...I wish they'd filmed that side on...I was impressed by the shot where Graham Agassiz jumps that little road gap and comes real close to the camera...good bloody timing...

sedition.

Likes Bikes
To tell the truth I thought it was boring. Apart from a few sections (Voreis) and the slick angles and editing it was just bmx on a mountain side. Slopestyle is nice and all but there was little variation and when we finally got to a DH section it was horrible together with the Earthed style shoot-me-now music.

For people complaining about torrents or lack of money. There is nothing wrong with torrents, only people who abuse it. If you really dig the film, support the producers and buy the damn thing and get a better quality copy to boot.
Kudos to bittorrent for letting me try before I buy and stopping me wasting $40 of my hard earned.

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
I reckon the movie was awesome. Probably the best one i have seen from them.
I especially liked Aaren chase's bit at the start of hes section when he did all them tricks and that on that moving wall ride. How did they do that:confused:.
oh and Cam Mcaul's bit was epic with the front Flip superman.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
To tell the truth I thought it was boring. Apart from a few sections (Voreis) and the slick angles and editing it was just bmx on a mountain side. Slopestyle is nice and all but there was little variation and when we finally got to a DH section it was horrible together with the Earthed style shoot-me-now music.
NWD is not a Downhill bread movie, and never has been. Never liked downhill in the NWD movies, just isn't them. If you want downhill go somewhere else, don't waste your time ;)

sedition.

Likes Bikes
NWD is not a Downhill bread movie, and never has been. Never liked downhill in the NWD movies, just isn't them. If you want downhill go somewhere else, don't waste your time ;)

NSS, Of course NWD is FR based. What I was saying is that there is no VARIATION. The vid is just one big tailwhip. Is that an accurate reflection of freeride these days?
Where has the all North Shore style riding gone or the massive Big balls gaps and drops or what about some more street? There was precious little.
It seems to me like Simmons, Vanderham, Hunter or Bourdon were not featured because they don't do tricks, I've always enjoyed their sections in other vids.

Last edited:

F1234K

Likes Dirt
NSS, Of course NWD is FR based. What I was saying is that there is no VARIATION. The vid is just one big tailwhip. Is that an accurate reflection of freeride these days?
Where has the all North Shore style riding gone or the massive Big balls gaps and drops or what about some more street? There was precious little.
It seems to me like Simmons, Vanderham or Bourdon were not featured because they don't do tricks, I've always enjoyed their sections in other vids.
Did you even watch the movie?

Doesn't seem like it because there is tons of variation. They had DH, big mountain, street, DJ, slopestyle and combo's of them. What the hell more do you want?

There were masssssive gaps and super fast sections. Styling smooth stuff and rough as guts steep gnarly sections...!

Bourdon didn't feature in the full movie because he axxed himself during the beginning of his shoot and couldn't continue to make his segment. He is in the extras though. I reckon his section would've been nuts if NWD9 is anything to go by.

The Claw's section absolutely rocked! Best section in my opinion and also the best representation of what I like to think of as Freeride.

Loved the movie, just loved it :)

floody

Wheel size expert
Interesting, I thought it was far more varied than the huck videos of old. The various trail sections and unique locations made it more interesting than some of their recent releases; like we don't need 4 different street sections and 4 different dudes riding northshore trails in ONE video.

It seems to me like Simmons, Vanderham, Hunter or Bourdon were not featured because they don't do tricks, I've always enjoyed their sections in other vids.
Go watch NWD5? Those dudes weren't featured because hucking doesn't impress the way it used to.

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Vanderham, Hunter or Bourdon were not featured because they don't do tricks
Vanderham and Hunter ride for Anthill films (I'm pretty sure), and Bourdon wasn't in the main feature (he's in the extras) because he compressed his C6 vertebrae flat spinning a jump in Utah. Brutal head plant.

jp4294

Likes Dirt
Just watched it and i will be up late watching it another 5 times :D
Berrecloth's section is sick and so is Cam McCaul's :eek: I didn't even know it was possible to do a superman frontflip :eek:

the_beast

Likes Dirt
just finished this and it is sick !!! The berrecloth section is insane as is the cam mccaul part. By far the craziest is the greg watts section !!! Backflip double tailwhip and 360 double tailwhip WHAT!!!!

crooker

Likes Dirt
I reckon its not as good as 8 and 9, but its still pretty good. video quality and effects are awsome, bit disapointed Cedric Gracia is not in it... anybody know why?

ilovemtb

Likes Bikes
Aaron Chase's scene was epic as, I loved that bit so much. But it only went for like a minute and a half, that disappointed me. And I personally really liked Wayne Goss' section aswell. Overall I think it was a good send off to a good series of films.