Oaks single track pre opening - clean up/ ride/ gas bag - Sun May 25

DeBloot

Feeling old
Debloot,

do you know if the gates to the national park will be open any earlier than the usual time?

My plan is to park car inside national park, climb up gully with fresh legs and catch the 7:52am train from glenbrook to woodford... is that possible?
only doing that to save the slog up the gully AFTER the entire oakes trail/ST/maintenance/full belly :p
I'm kind of just tagging along myself CSticks
But I've asked the question on Bmorc and will hopefully have an answer for you

My thoughts are it's unlikely
But worst case you can get a lift up the hill with one of the (ahem) lazy bastards driving in

ChopSticks

Banned
Who's going to ride before hand??

can we have a show of hands?

Ev and I, along with 2 guys will be catching the 7:54 train from glenbrook up to woodford
i believe MarkL is too.... Along with his group of mates

anyone else??

Pitiki

Squid

This. GP4000s, it really is a great tire - wears well (does square off after 1-2000 miles, but will keep on working fine for a long time after that), works well in the wet, rolls well, and if you're a lightweight rider and can drop the pressure a bit they work surprisingly well on gravel and rough roads (and I'm still riding on the 700x23 version, need to try the 25's at some point). Flats are rarely an issue with me on those tires, but my experience isn't much use because I'm not flat-prone, even when using tires that are widely reputed to be delicate.

I have a pair of these with about 3000+ miles on them, they're a bit square but doing fine otherwise, I moved them to my regular commuting bike and they're still rolling along fine, holding up to curb-hopping, gravel shortcuts, and light cargo hauling.

Attachments

ChopSticks

Banned

This. GP4000s, it really is a great tire - wears well (does square off after 1-2000 miles, but will keep on working fine for a long time after that), works well in the wet, rolls well, and if you're a lightweight rider and can drop the pressure a bit they work surprisingly well on gravel and rough roads (and I'm still riding on the 700x23 version, need to try the 25's at some point). Flats are rarely an issue with me on those tires, but my experience isn't much use because I'm not flat-prone, even when using tires that are widely reputed to be delicate.

I have a pair of these with about 3000+ miles on them, they're a bit square but doing fine otherwise, I moved them to my regular commuting bike and they're still rolling along fine, holding up to curb-hopping, gravel shortcuts, and light cargo hauling.

LOL
wrong thread mate?

ChopSticks

Banned
great meeting you Andy!

kinda bumped there was nothing left to do!!
kudos to Synery for building the track, great fun !!

MarkL... hope you fix that mech!! mustve been rough riding half the oaks without a chain LOL

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
There was a huge turn out of people willing to get stuck in. They should have let us loose on the track further up.......
Plenty of riders about but I couldn't tell who was who other than the usual BMORC suspects, the elusive JP actually turned up too which was surprising. I was one of the blokes in the BMORC jersey's riding the maroon Remedy 9.9.
I think this might have highlighted the fact that there are some awesome loops other than just coming down the Oaks from Woodford - Tunnel View, Mt Portal, Euroka, Nepean lookout, Red Hands Cave etc. are all accessed from Glenbrook and make up good alternatives. Also just doing runs of the single track are good fun.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Congrats to National Parks, Synergy, BMORC and anyone else involved the new section of track is awesome. I have to say as much as I loved the old track I didn't miss it at all. The new track flows so well it was a joy to ride

MarkL... hope you fix that mech!! mustve been rough riding half the oaks without a chain LOL
Haha, yeah wasn't ideal :violin: but I felt more sorry for the bloke I passed on the new section of track :high5: I still had a good ride and it was great to put faces to a couple of names. Now out to the shed to find a bolt...

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
It was a great turn out!! Thanks to those that turned up ready to dig and ride.

Don't forget to send some feedback. And note there was an error with the e-mail address handed out on the day.

Tim has put together a feedback page with info.
http://bmorc.com/node/47225