Obsession

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anything mechanical, job, foreplay.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned boobs yet, surely there are plenty of yous out there who suffer this condition.
Yep, that would be me :cool: girlfriend hates it, I sure don't!!! :p

On a serious note, I'm always checking for things in my pockets, spose it's not a bad thing though, just a little paranoid.

Bomb446

Likes Dirt
Phone needs to be in my left pocket and keys in my right, I probably tap my pockets 1-3 times every hour just to make sure:eek: If they aren't there I panic for about 2 seconds then rectify the situation.
I do that as well, even when I know that they're in there...

When I was a kid it was Lego and Pokemon :eek:

Now its bikes and music...and women(no ones said that yet) :p
EDIT: just realised that someone HAD said it

Oh, and pulling things apart to see how they work, and then forgetting how to put it back together again.

Last edited:

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Obession 1: Farkin

Obsession 2: Everytime i look i the mirror the light has to be on and just before i leave the mirror i have to be smiling. i know... what the hell, but i do it for some reason

Obession 3: any way to make snow or be around it, i was going to buy a $500 snow machine for my backyard to make snow when you can't even make it unless the temp gets to 0 or below (which it never does here)

Yep i am weird (*sp?).

Jim21

Squid
cars, bmw's to be more precise. forever reading,tinkering and buying stuff for them all (was up to 6 at one stage,3 of them went:p down to 2 now)

Laurie

Likes Dirt
I've got a few screws loose as well. 1. If I see a window or something I can se out of I draw an imaginary line around the window or whatever it is so that the line touches all of the corners. 2. I am anal about locking doors and windows, because I share a house with others I get fucking annoyed if someone leaves them unlocked at night. I have now posted a note on the door. If you leave the door unlocked at night YOU will be responsible for whatever damage is caused or for the items missing. 3. I have a certain routine for washing myself in the shower but lets not go there........ 4. I have to sleep in a well made bed, the pillow needs to be parallel with the top of the mattress it can't be on angles, furthermore the sheets need to be tucked in and neat. I cannot sleep if this is not done.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
I'm obsessed with a few things.
- Drains, if I go past a drain I always look in it to see if it's big enough to explore.
- Brushing my teeth, when I brush my teeth I always drill little holes in the toothpaste before I brush my teeth.
- Having things symmetrical, always like to have things even.

I'll add more when I remember them.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
. 4. I have to sleep in a well made bed, the pillow needs to be parallel with the top of the mattress it can't be on angles, furthermore the sheets need to be tucked in and neat. I cannot sleep if this is not done.
I'm the exact opposite. Stuffed if I can sleep in a well made bed, it's just not comfortable for me. I never tuck my to sheet or blackets in, smooth 'em out and throw a doona over 'em and the bed is made...

If staying elsewhere I pull the sheets out of there tucked-in-ness straight away.

my obesesions: the TV remote has to be angled directly towards the light of the tv (the lil red one)

farkin.. omg i love this site is soo cool everytime im on the net im on it

youtube love watching aaron ross he is amazing

yea ther mine lol
i think everyone who is on here is obsessed with farkin? i dont blame them great site

-SaM-

Likes Dirt
i have some real weird ones

1:i have to count down from five untill i turn the hot tap off.

2:dont do this as much now but stepping on all the joins in pavers and tiles.

Nub

Banned
I'm with you there about the counting down.

Except mines in the shower. I'll be like "5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3...2...1 OFF".

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
I count down from 5 in the shower simply so I can give myself those few extra seconds in the hot, nice, relaxing shower. Which makes my showers 20 minutes and 5 seconds long!

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think i might be crazy. When i wake up each morning i talk to myself in my head about every little thing in the house. Anything, water, shoes, chairs i chat about it all.

i do that as well quite abit,:eek: and i also do that before i fall asleep,

bikes... i can't go past a thrown out bike without stopping and sussing it out.. and i look at pretty much every other bike i see :D
For some reason i do that also, and then i must tell someone about that bike i just saw

I've always kept my keys in my left pocket, if I put them in another pocket for some reason I panic too. My phone has to be in my right pocket.
I do that, right before i leave class i check ive got my phone in my right, wallet in back right and my keys in my left

Last edited:

S.

ex offender
1. Farkin/internet. I am probably technically considered an addict. Though strangely whenever I'm completely removed from having any internet access, I never seem to care or want to find a place to jump on. I love forums though.

2. Bike stuff.. I seriously can't even imagine a life without them. I don't understand people who stop riding, it's become such a central focus of my life. I can't just go for a cruisey ride either, I have to go as fast as I can.

3. Technical nerdy stuff... yes I'm a nerd but I love that stuff. Especially if it's to do with bikes.

4. Understanding people's behaviour, including my own. I have an obsession with working out WHY people are doing things rather than just accepting that that is just what that person does. To me, nearly everything to do with people's behaviour seems to be related to their own self-esteem, and that is something I've put a lot of consideration into lately.

5. Obsessions themselves. I don't get people who just float around doing absolutely nothing, caring about nothing, learning about nothing... why bother breathing if you're not trying to achieve something in some way or another? If you're not moving forwards towards some goal or other, no matter how abstract it is, you've essentially finished your life and now seems to be a good time to say goodbye.

6. Scaring myself a bit. I'm not a massive gung-ho psycho like some riders or anything, but I need to shit myself a little bit now and then, and try new stuff in order to enjoy myself.

7. Personal articles - watch on, keys in right pocket, phone and wallet in left pocket, shoes equally tight. Otherwise shit just feels wrong.

Last edited:

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to make sure my cupboard is closed when I go bed, for some reason I think theres massive spiders or some other thing in theres thats gonna kill me.

I'm freaked out about spiders. I'll get out of bed at least 2 times to make sure my cupboard is closed.

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
got a few. some of which dont affect me as badly anymore:

1. making sure that every line on the road is straight and in sync with the next line. if i saw a straight line and i could see buckles in it i would get so frustrated.

2. stepping on lines. i dont get this as much anymore but i used to always have to stay away from lines and cracks. when i did step on one i would get sh*tty as.

3. teacher not rubbing all the writing or whiteboard marker off the board. Gets me quite annoyed.

4. i also have conversations with myself about some things at night time just before i am about to go to sleep and then i start getting confused because i am contridicting myself continually really gets to me after a while.

5. i also have an obsession with getting frustrated. i dont know why but lots of little things frustrate me

6. i am obsessed with coke as well. i am currently getting over this obsession but my god has it taken some time. i used to drink far too much (well over 1.25 litres most nights) until i starting doing health and seeing how much the shit affected me. nowadays when i feel like having one i go and have something else that tastes nice but isnt as bad for me.

7. things that are paranormal like ghosts, conspiracy theories, and aliens

8. even numbers. like a number of people in this thread i am also addicted to them unless they end in 0. the volume on the tv has to go up two notched not one. i get frustrated if i look at the clock and see it is at an odd time two times in a row.

9. my last and probably most frequent obsession is checking that my phone is on silent. i have to do this about 4 times a period while i am at school. i knwo that it is on silent but i always think maybe i was thinking that it was on the other day but i havent done it today. annoys the shizzle out of me.

well there my obsessions and all of them if you havent already noticed make me quite angry. but strangely enough even though some of my obsessions seem to be about perfection i dont care how tidy my room is or anything else i own.

EDIT: one more thing that i forgot to add. i chew the skin around my fingers. i have been doing it for about 10 years and i just cant stop. its really annoying because i get the urge to chew them more when they are dirty and its fair disgusting actually. does anyone else do it?

Last edited:

S.

ex offender
6. When people spell "frustrated" as "thrustrated", I feel like punching them in the thace :p

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
6. When people spell "frustrated" as "thrustrated", I feel like punching them in the thace :p
hahaha yeah me to:rolleyes:. unfortuantely i have problems with my th's and my f's and couldnt pronounce the words 'three', 'thing' or anything else like that properly until this year when i got someone to teach me how to say 'th' instead of 'f'.