Occ - Death Trap

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it was the holidays and I was looking for a project to do with my Dad, I started thinking of resurrecting my old plan of putting an engine in my chopper, which was useless as you can only use it on the flat. So I started searching and found it wasn’t as easy as i thought. As the bike has a flat bottom an engine couldn’t be mounted as you need a "V" shape, also the exhaust had to be bent so the bike could pedal, the motor had to be offset, the rear sprocket didn’t fit right as the hub is larger, the chain had to extended and the rear guard cut. We found a solution to the engine to fit and be offset, a man in America build them to suit this bike (schwinn stingray) Turn out it is a big thing in America and the rednecks love them, a sort of cult following. The engine is a zbox 48cc which goes well have done almost 100km on it now (distance obviously) still in the run in stage of 500km. The bike is a bunch of fun, might get a mirror for when I ride on the road.
Enjoy.

Happy riding.
C.

Last edited:

motox199

Likes Dirt
Yeah christian, looks rad! I've made a few of those with my mates and they aren't easy, but we've never made a chopper, my best is a bmx.
If you wanted to get the exhaust more out of the way, you could heat it up with the oxy and re-shape it, but looks sweet as is.

_Ajax_

Likes Dirt
You did a very nice job on her. I saw one the other day except it was one of those K-mart west coast chopper ones and it had a motor bolted to it. Good work.

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh thanks for the comments, wanted to put it together well so it would last and look good, keep getting told its a nice bike when I go for a ride, have done 150km now so I am closing on 500.

Anyone interested in building a motorized bike check out:
www.zbox.com.au
This site also helped:
www.motorbicycling.com