Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Where are you coming from?

Jubes is at the back of the baseball/rec grounds located on esk st. wahroonga. Drive all the way to the back carpark and ride down to it from there. It's about 5 minutes off the f3 depending on traffic.
Thanks mate, we'll be coming from Belrose... Will have to get my arse into gear and check it out :) still haven't ridden OMV yet. Been down there once with the kids to ride the green loop,,, but I'll get round to it one of these centuries...haha

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
That particular pic is of the bit on the side of a cliff... not really sure a 2 year old would be okay ? I only went there for the first time yesterday and i wasn't totally comfortable with it. (in my own defence, i rode roly poly that morning and hadn't ridden the jump bike in like a month...) the pump track is proly cool tho ?

dottyman

Likes Dirt
bush Turkey repellant?

I have given up in the raking battle with one of the local residents on the southside before the blue/black split. After raking it again on Saturday arvo there is more leaf litter than before.
Does anyone know of a way to stop this that is humane and legal??
Also there is another water flow from the pool construction yesterday causing more mud so take it easy up the top.
Thanks to all the helpers on saturday, the track is in awesome shape and super fast now.:)

crosser

Likes Dirt
I have given up in the raking battle with one of the local residents on the southside before the blue/black split. After raking it again on Saturday arvo there is more leaf litter than before.
Does anyone know of a way to stop this that is humane and legal??
Also there is another water flow from the pool construction yesterday causing more mud so take it easy up the top.
Thanks to all the helpers on saturday, the track is in awesome shape and super fast now.:)
We'll send the turkeys to the next IMBA workshop and they can build stage II.

ido09s

Likes Dirt
I know its a bit old but why doesnt council put proper gates on the trail head with very clear, obvious red signs saying its closed due to the weather....

What do they currently use to close it off? Sounds to me like that bodgy orange road side meshing stuff that anyone could move and ride through

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube;L6_8zpZ6itg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6_8zpZ6itg[/video]

Some more stuff to get Ev jealous. Sweet work by Synergy yet again at Jubes.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I knew it. If only I had some co-ordination and didn't suck so bad every time my wheels leave the ground.

At least I have somewhere very local to practice.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Had a run around it yesterday.... Very good for jump practice but I took it pretty easy. The southern facing corners are still a bit wet.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I knew it. If only I had some co-ordination and didn't suck so bad every time my wheels leave the ground.

At least I have somewhere very local to practice.
Would love to say lets head there this weekend, but unfortunately I'm tied up moving house. Plus I still haven't got the brake on the jackal working.. Looks like I need new pads/rotor and I just don't have the cashola for that at the moment.

Could always change the stromlo plans to an epic day of awaba, ourimbah, OMV and GJ....

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would love to say lets head there this weekend, but unfortunately I'm tied up moving house. Plus I still haven't got the brake on the jackal working.. Looks like I need new pads/rotor and I just don't have the cashola for that at the moment.

Could always change the stromlo plans to an epic day of awaba, ourimbah, OMV and GJ....
Could do, Canberra will be cold as f&*^ anyway. That and the complete lack of fitness on my behalf may just end in disaster.

This way I am only a few mere minutes from beer.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could do, Canberra will be cold as f&*^ anyway. That and the complete lack of fitness on my behalf may just end in disaster.

This way I am only a few mere minutes from beer.
Well lets see what the general consensus is.. I'm not all that fussed on where to be honest as long as there is much riding! Norm??

ChopSticks

Banned
Well lets see what the general consensus is.. I'm not all that fussed on where to be honest as long as there is much riding! Norm??
will def be cold.... FUCKING COLD

but im up for it if you boys are :)
and like Ev.... im in if theres a free spot

will happily pay for maccas/kfc or cheese and spinach rolls..... as for Langers/Elliot we all know how they will repay you.....

EDIT:

seems like i need to hunt down a Yeti Dj again and learn some skills with you Ev ;)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
will def be cold.... FUCKING COLD

but im up for it if you boys are :)
and like Ev.... im in if theres a free spot

will happily pay for maccas/kfc or cheese and spinach rolls..... as for Langers/Elliot we all know how they will repay you.....
Haha, well fools, I can only do Canberra that weekend, as I'm already committed to driving home to Albury, so if you head south, I'll tag along and ride with you all for a couple of hours before continuing on to Albury, otherwise will ride another week. We've gotta do the Oaks as well soon.

Seems like i need to hunt down a Yeti Dj again and learn some skills with you Ev ;)
Wish I didn't sell that P3 I had a few years ago now :( Time for a new dirt jumper again I think.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
haha, cold....
i used to live in a place where it would be 20°F or below for months at a time. That was by far not very cold at all.

if you boys are looking to build a dj on the cheap, i'll kick the husband until he lists his old set of Marz DJ3s which he'll proly let go for a very reasonable price.