Old Hayes mount??

FLY PSI

Likes Bikes
i have an old raceline extreme i think 99' i brought it new as just a frame at the end of 99.

Ive just gotten back into riding again and want to fit a disc to the rear, i went to my lbs today and they had know idea what the mount on the frame was and didnt seem very willing to help findout.
Here's a pic of the mount on the rear swing arm.

Does anyone know if there is an adaptor availble for this mount?
I belive its an old hayes mount.

and here's a pic of the old girl, all 99/00 parts, except for the front disc.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
yes thats an old stle direct mount for a hayes. been a long time since hayes made that style of caliper and i'm pretty sure there isn't an adaptor to convert to anything else. i know bodin on these forums recently had one converted by Gripsport, so you might want to chat to Bodin or Grip.

Bazzil ballbag

Likes Dirt
look at the link there is an adapter from a2z from cycle solutions that i think will do the trick HERE
if you need one pm beno
The adaptor mentioned above will allow discs to be put onto any bike without disc mounts. It will work on this bike, but makes removing the rear wheel more complicated in the event of a puncture, but the adaptor won't make use of the old disc mount.

Good luck

Rik

logged out
:confused:
AD-PMR? Unless I'm wrong, that'll work? And doesn't do anything except go from Hayes 22mm to IS.

dhd

Downhill Direct
The adaptor mentioned above will allow discs to be put onto any bike without disc mounts. It will work on this bike, but makes removing the rear wheel more complicated in the event of a puncture, but the adaptor won't make use of the old disc mount.

Good luck
Dunno what you are looking at but for my money the one in the 5th picture down should do the trick!

BKelly

teh fast
It was called a flat mount and hasn't been around for a while. My suggestion is to call Dirtworks and see if they have any half calipers left. They used to sell half calipers for a flat mount.

Last edited:

BKelly

teh fast
Sorry wasn't thinking, thought you already had the hayes brake but going by the pics you haven't, you should get an a2z adaptor which converts to international standard so you can mount what ever.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
yeah cycle solutions do one. From memory on my old yet I had to use a front adapter onto the old hayes mount and then another adapter from that to the new rear brake. They were both made by a2z.

Rik

logged out
Just a thought though...
You'll need a new rear hub as well as a braking system, and that hub will need to be relaced to your rim or a new one.
This'll cost a little bit of cash, and whilst I'm not saying your bike is old and crap, I'd put it to you that a few hundred dollars spent on this would be better off saved and a new (or 2nd hand) bike considered. All depends on what you want to do and your expectations, but alot's changed in the past few years.

FLY PSI

Likes Bikes
Ive already got a cheap hydro disc for the rear and i also have a rear wheel with disc hub sorted, so basicly im just the adaptor short of have a disc.

ill give cycle solutions a call tomorrow and see if i can sort something out.

im not getting back into racing, only riding the local DH tracks for fun and fittness, that is untill the bug bits again:rolleyes:

DW-1

Dirt Works
no it's not. Hayes never made a 22mm flat (frame) to 51mm IS adaptor. (they did however make one that went form the 22mm caliper to an IS 51mm frame mount)

That one is probably very similar to the A-Z one that Cycle Solutions offfers.

We do have 2 of the old 22mm calipers left. But they're not cheap. We usually suggest that dealers call Cycle Solutions.

Elvis.

FLY PSI

Likes Bikes
i went into a diffenert lbs today *Drift* (very good service) and they have now ordered the mount, and it should be here monday:)

thanks for the help everyone