old ISCG V's 05 ISCG mounts?

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
Ive been searching for a while and still cant define the difference between the old ISCG mounts and 05 mounts, i may sound like a complete noob but this is really pissing me off.

i know there is bb mount old ISCG and 05 ISCG and basically the bb mount is the whole back plate of a guide witch has one single large hole that is placed between the frame and bb cup.
then the bb is screwed on and the back plate is tightly fastened between the frame and bb edge... thing.. whatever.

i have ISCG tabs on my frame (09 reign X1) like this

i wouldn't have a clue if they are 'old' or '05' ISCG tabs neither do i even know what they are!

i imagine that these kind of back plates would screw directly into the frame with 3 screws

or

now these kinds of adapter allow you to fit a ISCG back plate (dont know witch one) to a frame without ISCG tabs by using the bb method, i think:confused:

the reason im asking is because i want to put a guide on my bike with an ISCG back plate like the one in the second picture so it simply fits with 3 screws and it is directly screwed to the frame... seeing as i dont know if my frame has 'old' or '05' ISCG tabs and i don't know what the differences between old ISCG guides and 05 ISCG guides are, i will need some help

can someone explain this wacky system?

Last edited:

powley

so the diameter between holes isn't the same either.

say if my frame had 05 ISCG tabs that were 72mm or whatever it is in diameter the guide would have a 72mm diameter between holes/curved cut outs?
and the distance between holes is measured in degrees not parallel lines

thank you RaID

Last edited:

powley

so this kind of larger diameter cutout back plate would go with my ISCG'5 mounting tabs on my frame?

BT180

Max Pfaff
I went through all this when trying to find the right parts for fitting a DRS onto my Heckler. I ended up getting the ISCG-OLD bottom bracket mount DRS, but I didn’t need the adaptor plate you pictured above. I don’t think you need one at all if mounting directly to the BB.

If you have the tabs already on your frame then I think you just need to make sure you get the correct backplate with whatever guide you get, which would be 05 ISCG.

Anyway, let me know if you want the contact details for the dude at e.thirteen components. I emailed him directly and he was very helpful.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don'tcha love 'standards'?!
Measure up your current setup and you'll be able to compare that to the specs given on the website.
Either that (if you haven't followed the e-13 link above), just ask the importer what you need to fit your bike (model, year) and they'll support you.
Ken at XXSIV is brilliant for that, if you're after the Gamut.

powley

holy shit! that 'slcrockymountainrider' has the sickest collection of bike Ive ever seen

BT180

Max Pfaff
holy shit! that 'slcrockymountainrider' has the sickest collection of bike Ive ever seen

I reckon! It can get quite depressing going through the forums on that site. The Yanks don't realise how lucky thay have it. :(