Old School Giant Still Going Strong (Rebuilt)

cowma

Likes Bikes
Frame: 99 or 2000 ATX2 DH cant remember which
Fork: White Brothers DH2 with 7" travel kit
Shock: Rock Shox Coupe Deluxe Manitou Swinger X3
Chainguide: AC E-13 LG1+
Brakes: Shimano Saint 203mm rotors f&r
Wheels: Mavic 321 rims, Shimano XT rear hub, DaBomb front hub
Bars: Azonic Pyramid Double Wall Azonic Double Wall 715mm
Grips: Oury Lock Ons
Cranks: Race Face DH Shimano Saint. Thanks to Switch
Pedals: DMR V12s
Tyres: Intense 2.7" front, IRC Kujo DH 2.25 rear Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 Slow Reezay front, Minion DHR 2.5 Super Tacky rear
Seat: Tioga DH SDG Bel Air RL. Thanks to Boysik
Cassette: Sram PG 970 DH
Chain: Shimano XTR
Bearings: Enduro
Stem: Xtension 40mm
Chainring: Blackspire 38 t DH
Derailleur: Shimano 105
Headset: FSA DH

Bought this bike new back in the day and have changed a few things over the years. Have hardly ridden it the last couple of years due to work and other stuff but am keen to get back on it as it is still a good bike to ride even if it is a bit out of date.

Update: Have given the old girl the remainder of her facelift. The only original things that remain now are the frame itself, the rims and seatpost. It has been good being actually able to get out and ride again lately. It may not have the travel and technology etc of the newer bikes but it still does a good job and is fun to ride so until it destroys itself I will probably keep riding it

Attachments

Last edited:

cowma

Likes Bikes
That looks so awesome! I love it! Especially the forks.
Thanks man. It has been a work in progress for a while.
I love the forks too. They are still very plush and feel great despite their age. There is something about inverted forks and I would definitely get another set. Just need White Brothers to make a new Groove and a new bike then but no rush.

Maciek O.

Squid
great bike

HI COWMA YOUR BIKE IS GREAT IM FROM POLAND (EUROPE):first:WE HAVE IN MY CITY MANY OLD SCOOL,S BIKES . THIS IS MY OLD SCOOL PS. HOW WORK YOUR FRONT FORK UP SIDE DOWN IS IT 180CMM ,WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MANITOU DORADO zdiecia wave2 012.jpgzdiecia wave2 015.jpgzdiecia wave2 009.jpgzdiecia wave2 008.jpgzdiecia wave2 007.jpgzdiecia wave2 016.jpgzdiecia wave2 016.jpg

cowma

Likes Bikes
HI COWMA YOUR BIKE IS GREAT IM FROM POLAND (EUROPE):first:WE HAVE IN MY CITY MANY OLD SCOOL,S BIKES . THIS IS MY OLD SCOOL PS. HOW WORK YOUR FRONT FORK UP SIDE DOWN IS IT 180CMM ,WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MANITOU DORADO][/]
Thanks Maciek O, Don't see too many of those bikes getting around these days but as long as they still work why not keep riding them. Yours looks in very good condition still.
The forks are 180mm with the travel kit installed. They came out as a 6" fork with the option of a travel kit to bump it up to 180mm. I have always liked inverted forks so the Dorado is another fork that I like. I have never ridden one, or another inverted fork but my own. They have never been as popular as regular forks but it's nice to have something different from everyone else too