Olympic BMX & XC schedule on TV

Update 12:26pm:
Men's and women's seeding run #1 has been completed. All results here.

Live viewing here.

------

Ok, so no doubt there's a few of you who are also pretty pumped about the Olympics- particularly the BMX and XC events. Here is ch7's televising schedule for the two, so make sure you pencil it in;)

20/8
11am BMX Men's Seeding R1
11:45am BMX Women's Seeding R1
1:40pm BMX Men's Quarter

21/8
11am BMX Women's Semi
11:08am BMX Men's Semi
12:30pm BMX Women's Final
12:40pm BMX Men's Final

22/8
5pm XC Women's
23/8
5pm XC Men's

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that SBS are televising any of the other BMX runs at this stage.

Carn Aussie!

*EDIT* Have just added Stains' Olympic blog link for those of you keen to have a read about his preparation leading up to the bmx event.
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/blogs/post/-/jaredgraves/43/1

For all of the douche-bags who haven't checked out the course, here's some highlights from 2007. No changes have been made to the course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D4C9xe8okQ&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Being the great fans of cycling they are, SBS should show almost full length versions where as channel 7 will probably show just highlightys. Last night I was able to watch the last lap of the women's road race where as 7 only showed the finnish

Joy

Likes Dirt
Apparently that Tom guy (from Getaway) is covering the BMX. Maybe 7 will televise it? Well, the finals if anything.

...jim

skanky media ho
Does anybody know if there's a dedicated feed to the BMX events on cable?
Not in Aust. It's 7 or SBS - unless you're in tune with space hardware

And I think you'll find that any published schedule is hardly going to be a cement chiseled thing. Poor old SBS, tied up screening the women's road race while Seven too'd and fro'd with the Aust vs Arg soccer. Les must have been gnashing!

Mind, it was great to see the whole of the men's and women's races os SBS.

In terms of BMX and MTB, it depends what else is on and how our prospects are. Men's BMX is a shoe-in to get a run, the others will be (other) event and performance dependant.

oldbean

NSWMTB
What about live internet feeds? Since most of us will be at work anyway, and BMX races are fairly quick, it would be more convenient to watch it online.

I've tried a quick search and it seems that American NBC has got the online rights pretty much stitched up. Looks as though you need to be a subscriber to their TV service to be able to view it.

Anyone else had more luck?

...jim

skanky media ho
Yahoo7 (7) have the online rights for Australia. I'd be surprised if you can get a live stream in Australia any other way, given the cost of the broadcast rights - and the broadcast rights holder's subsequent defence of those rights.

casey79

Likes Dirt
Handy thing with BMX is that the motos run very quickly. So the coverage can go back and forth from the BMX to other sports. Unlike the Road race which was 5 hours long.

Trizender

Likes Dirt
Damn it, I was hoping BMX would be on SBS, it's the only part of the Olympics I wanted to watch. I don't get channel 7 (or 9... or 10....) which I haven't cared about until now!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
What about all the other cycling? Can anyone make up a program for me? Plllleeeeeaaaasse:D

pellethead

Cannon Fodder
olympics

Ok, so no doubt there's a few of you who are also pretty pumped about the Olympics- particularly the BMX and XC events. Here is ch7's televising schedule for the two, so make sure you pencil it in;)

20/8
11am BMX Men's Seeding R1
11:45am BMX Women's Seeding R1
1:40pm BMX Men's Quarter

21/8
11am BMX Women's Semi
11:08am BMX Men's Semi
12:30pm BMX Women's Final
12:40pm BMX Men's Final

22/8
5pm XC Women's
5pm XC Men's

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that SBS are televising any of the other BMX runs at this stage.

Carn Aussie!
sbs will more than likely cover the majority of xc race, but what everyone wants to see is bmx being its debut at the olympics and all,best thing to happen to the sport, hopefully we will get some good coverage.....on sbs that is, channel 7's doing a piss poor effort at that., we'll prob just see the final and thats it. PICK UP YOUR GAME CHANNEL 7!!!!!!!!

sbs will more than likely cover the majority of xc race, but what everyone wants to see is bmx being its debut at the olympics and all,best thing to happen to the sport, hopefully we will get some good coverage.....on sbs that is, channel 7's doing a piss poor effort at that., we'll prob just see the final and thats it. PICK UP YOUR GAME CHANNEL 7!!!!!!!!
Let's be a little bit realistic. It's a given that at the end of the day it all comes down to viewing popularity, and as such the more "popular" sports will naturally take precedence when it comes to coverage. Based strictly on the numbers and demographic spread, it's pretty fair to say that both networks are doing a bloody good job of covering the Olympics considering the number of events. Based on conversations with a certain reliable and sneaky squirrel on the inside, I can tell you that both the men's and women's XC will be getting solid coverage, and all considered, so too will the bmx given that there's a high chance of medals.

Don't get your knickers in a not. Let's just be thankful that it will be on and that there's going to be a great legacy created for BMX- it'll be amazing for bmx clubs around the country. Oh, and it means that maybe we're one step closer to having DH nominated as an Olympic sport ;)

SCOTTDMR

Likes Dirt
So who is in the BMX. Jarred graves? ...... if so he would be up there wouldn't he? and any other medal hopes?

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah gravsey and luke madil will be up there, and kamikaze does alright i think.
go gravsey, do it for the mtbers