OMG! How big are his kahunas. Wingsuit flight.

freddofrog

Likes Dirt
I've seen quite a few flights but this one is seriously ballsy.

[video=youtube;-C_jPcUkVrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_jPcUkVrM[/video]

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In an era when movies are more and more CGI stunts, in the real world people doing much more amazing things! Crikey that was ridiculous.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Guy killed in Yosemite recently trying something like that... I imagine it would not actually hurt when you hit the rock at that speed, just simply lights out.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Guy killed in Yosemite recently trying something like that... I imagine it would not actually hurt when you hit the rock at that speed, just simply lights out.
If you hit it dead on, sure, instant death.
But if you just clipped and tumbled....

John U

MTB Precision
If you hit it dead on, sure, instant death.
But if you just clipped and tumbled....
Yes, a bloke was wingsuiting over a ledge not log ago. I think he might've been in South Africa. He clipped the cliff with his legs. He rolled forwards a couple of times after hitting it. I think he got his parachute out, landed in some bushes, and survived. Fuck knows how he survied. Would've done a number on his legs though.

poita

Likes Dirt
Yes, a bloke was wingsuiting over a ledge not log ago. I think he might've been in South Africa. He clipped the cliff with his legs. He rolled forwards a couple of times after hitting it. I think he got his parachute out, landed in some bushes, and survived. Fuck knows how he survied. Would've done a number on his legs though.
Jeb Corliss at Table mountain? Broke both his legs in a billion places. Apparently took zero analgesia the whole time, is now flying again. Gives a little insight.... In a few other videos too.

John U

MTB Precision
Jeb Corliss at Table mountain? Broke both his legs in a billion places. Apparently took zero analgesia the whole time, is now flying again. Gives a little insight.... In a few other videos too.
That's him. Fucking amazing.

John U

MTB Precision
Awesome people can misjudge the moment, especially at that speed, it's not stupidity.
Yes. To have the presence of mind in that situation to do the right things at the right moment to save your own life. That's pretty impressive.

stirk

Burner
Yes. To have the presence of mind in that situation to do the right things at the right moment to save your own life. That's pretty impressive.
That's right, we do the same thing flying down hills, to a lesser degree of danger of course, but still with risk.

But I'd never say someone is stupid for pushing the boundaries of what they can do. We would not progress if pushing the limit was thought to be stupid.

Downhill riders amaze me, human gliders amaze me, I am jealous in a good way.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
As Stirk said, even the best can fuck up. It would only take that fraction of a moment and next thing you're a grease spot.
Big balls and little care for self preservation to do that.

Mica

Likes Dirt
Saw a great doco with a while back with Jeb in it. My favourite line of his was "When you start basejumping you have two jars. One is for experience and the other is for luck. The luck jar starts full and the experience empty. Every time you jump you take a marble from the luck jar and put it in the experience jar. Eventually you are all out of luck and all you have is experience"

With the amount of jumps that man has done and how he has pushed wingsuits it is only experience he has left that keeps him alive.

I can see how this would get addictive and once experienced nothing else would compare and you just crave a bigger hit, but a heavy heroine habit looks reasonable in comparison to what these guys do for a rush.

I'm just thankful go pros exist so we can go for the ride with them.