[OMV - Hornsby NSW] Organised Sports Want to Take Our Trails

Nmag

Likes Dirt
It appears the development of Hornsby Quarry and Old Man's Valley into a recreational facility may jeopardise trail network we have ALL worked so hard for.

Please share the following video, and encourage all in support of mountain bike riding to make comment in the video comments section.

Consultation Forums are about to start in regards to the development of the recreational space within these land parcels.

Traditional sports are reported to be lobbying council heavily to take away mountain bike facilities in the interests of their own sports.

With your support, and through statistics, and scientific reports, we can dispel myths, fear campaigns, and misleading perceptions regarding this Olympic sport.

Our numbers are our strength. It's time to show support. Click the video please. Share it on multiple platforms, lets get it out there.

Help save OMV.

Please share this video. The more hits the better. Positive MTB comments in the video, even better!

Thank you!

http://youtu.be/wKDe9A7jQko

moman

Likes Dirt
Really? I'm confused.

The video does not talk about removing the first stage newly built trails.

It also talks of the possibly to create a larger network of trails in some of the to be reclaimed land.

Am I missing something?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mountain biking is not a sport. It is something children do if their parents can't afford motorbikes. Furthermore it does not involve a team, so it is also for selfish pricks. It.also looks really shit on tv. Not to mention that Australians aren't even any good at it on an international stage. It is obvious these trails need to go so we can have more footy.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Really? I'm confused.

The video does not talk about removing the first stage newly built trails.

It also talks of the possibly to create a larger network of trails in some of the to be reclaimed land.

Am I missing something?
I think the idea is spread the video, rack up the views and then hornsby council will see how much public interest is in the site. Then we can use those views as arguments against having it destroyed so they can throw in footy fields

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What Sports are the organised sports mentioned here? Are they chasing the site as the best location or are they really chasing the money that will be invested here.