On One Inbred Slot DO - I Want One!

Tee Man

Likes Bikes
Just under GBP140 at the moment directly from On One in the UK. But over GBP100 just for postage, fark that!

Anyone got any ideas?

Planet-X now has an Aussie distributer but they've got the frames for AUD$357. Might as well get a Scandal.

Cheers.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
so you've seen this?
http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=600

NEW :: AUSTRALIA
RaceWorx – Tel Numbers 0410 544 321…0410 577 052.
Email: scott@raceworx.com.au greg@raceworx.com.au
http://www.onone.com.au
i can only find them direct, via the local importer or via unreal. find someone else buying something from the states, combine postage and win! pellow wants a 29er, right? and i still have the myus box...

but yeah, almost worth buying local because there's not much margin in it and it could save infinite warranty issues. gone are the days of crc stocking them at silly cheap prices :/

abevern

Likes Dirt
Planet-X now has an Aussie distributer but they've got the frames for AUD$357. Might as well get a Scandal.

Cheers.
I went through the same process recently, started looking for an Inbred Slot Dropout 29er, ended up with a Scandal SDO 29er. Love It! I went with the Aussie importer - there really was very little in it price wise - and having a local contact for warranty is worth the difference in my book.

That said - I built the bike up from scratch - and the frame is literally the only thing I bought in Oz. No, wait, I bought the chain locally too. I wish I could say otherwise...

Tee Man

Likes Bikes
I went through the same process recently, started looking for an Inbred Slot Dropout 29er, ended up with a Scandal SDO 29er. Love It! I went with the Aussie importer - there really was very little in it price wise - and having a local contact for warranty is worth the difference in my book.

That said - I built the bike up from scratch - and the frame is literally the only thing I bought in Oz. No, wait, I bought the chain locally too. I wish I could say otherwise...
Hey mate,

How'd you find dealing with the Planet X guys (if much at all)? The thing that had kinda turned me off them is the fact that they're website is buggy is. Can't add any one the On One frames to the basket. I'm always wary of mobs with dodgy websites like that.

Leaning towards Unreal Cycles (if anything) at the moment. Heard nothing but positive things about them.

rsclio

Likes Dirt
Got one last year

From Unreal cycles
I got Frame and one one carbon fork combo I think it was au$575 landed
It's a fun bike - love it

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
I've bought a couple of bits off them before and found them to be pretty helpful. I think they have the pricing right aswell, so they deserve to do well here.

Only thing I'd say is, as with all importers, just phone and check they have stuff in stock otherwise you could be waiting a while if its on the next shipment. This doesnt seem to be unique to Oz though, I bought my inbred when I was still in the UK and the OnOne supplies were always famously erratic there too.

I would give them a call and buy one, they are great frames. :cool:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
I've purchased one from the aussie distributor. Great price, fast and well packed shipping.

Get the steel frame, not the ally, no matter what you do. rides like a dream.

abevern

Likes Dirt
Hey mate,

How'd you find dealing with the Planet X guys (if much at all)? The thing that had kinda turned me off them is the fact that they're website is buggy is. Can't add any one the On One frames to the basket. I'm always wary of mobs with dodgy websites like that. .
Website was pretty embryonic when I looked at it. Resorted to calling the mobile phone numbers of the principles. In short - don't waste your time leaving a message - just call until you get one on the phone - they were always helpful.

When I did pull the trigger, it was painless, bike arrived well packaged and at a very competitive price.

My XL Scandal frame weighed 1675g out of the box. That's impressively light. Built up, it's right on 11kg without a drop of carbon, and with Hope SS rear hub (with the steel drive shell).

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Basis? 700g penalty is hard to ignore.
Comfort and handling.

Unless you are a professional whippet interested in speed on short smooth courses, go the steel frame. FWIW, in the past I've had a Yeti ARC. It was a rocketship, but I got punished on the rough stuff. The steel inbred just floats over it, giving a ride I'd characterise as smoother than my AS-R was.

Can't explain it, bit of extra whippiness in the back end, but without being flexy.

Ugh

Likes Bikes
Good price

My Inbred 456 landed last week, costing just AU$334.00 delivered from the uk. Very happy indeed.

Rolla

Likes Bikes
steel is the go

Go the steel I also purchased from aussie distributor and was all good and would do again no problem. Inbred sitting at 11.3kg with a heavy fork no carbon and ust tyres. If your gunna pour money in somewhere get light wheelset b4 anything else.

abevern

Likes Dirt
I have no basis for an opinion but...

Comfort and handling.

Unless you are a professional whippet interested in speed on short smooth courses, go the steel frame. FWIW, in the past I've had a Yeti ARC. It was a rocketship, but I got punished on the rough stuff. The steel inbred just floats over it, giving a ride I'd characterise as smoother than my AS-R was.

Can't explain it, bit of extra whippiness in the back end, but without being flexy.
..this is the internet.

I subscribe to the same theory, but owning a Scandal, I can say it's anything but punishing. Perhaps it's because it's a 29er, or perhaps it's because I built the wheels out of whippy Revolution spokes or perhaps it's the 27.2mm seat tube or the pencil thin seat stays - I honestly don't know - but I can say it's a damn site more forgiving than the only steel 29er I rode (Admittedly it was a Stout SE made out of Cro-mo drain pipes).

25psi in the tyres, 100mm of front fork and 150mm of seat post and I've got a suprisingly compliant ride - good enough for 100km Enduro (something previously only attempted with 120mm of cush)

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Basic story is that to get similar strength in an aluminium frameset you have to build it stiffer. If the steel frames were heavier and no more comfy, then no-one would still be making them, and definitely, no company that had the skills to make either would be making both. I can only surmise that the steel is in the On One catalogue for the ride quality (at the expense of increased weight).

The ARC with the loop chainstays was supposed to be a somewhat compliant alu hardtail, and trust me, there's no comparing it with the Inbred.

For the record, I too am running revolution spokes...